Wollongong Tafe? (1 Viewer)

Jess-a_belle

HSC
Anyone going this semester? I enrolled, to do Business Cert II P/T evenings, tue + wed 5..30 - 9pm. My main reason was to make friends, cos I just moved to Wollongong.. unfortunately for me, my course is just mum-aged women trying to get back into work. Boo.

bumbo_hippo

HSC
im doing the same course as you but full-time at ultimo!!
must suck for you~ being in a class with not...'friend' material~ haha...

i think there are heaps of younger people in my class~ im not sure...i only saw like 2 people when i was enrolling...
so they are either in my class or the other class~ *shurg*

good luck!!

if you first lesson bookkeeping??

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
-you can catch the shuttle bus from north gong traino to the uni. the first stop is a 5min walk to wollongong uni. you could make uni friends on the bus.
-go to tafe early. bypass tafe and go to the uni bar. the uni bar is a 6min walk from wollongong tafe.
-if there is a student/community notice board, leave a notice saying you are new to the area, are looking for friends your age who are at tafe same days/times as you.

theres SOME suggestions.

time from tafe-uni is from the carpark that goes onto the bridge above the freeway that connects the tafe to the uni.

Jess-a_belle

HSC
bumbo_hippo said:
if you first lesson bookkeeping??
im not sute, i only got a sheet that shows my core modules, the first one is "plan skills develpoment", but i dunno if that means that i'm actually doing that first.

mmm_sofay said:
-you can catch the shuttle bus from north gong traino to the uni. the first stop is a 5min walk to wollongong uni. you could make uni friends on the bus.
-go to tafe early. bypass tafe and go to the uni bar. the uni bar is a 6min walk from wollongong tafe.
-if there is a student/community notice board, leave a notice saying you are new to the area, are looking for friends your age who are at tafe same days/times as you.
1. i have my own car so theres no point doing that, lol
2. i'll probly be working and have to dash to tafe after work :(
3. that seems kinda desperate, and freaks me out, lol! "hey i need friends"

but hopefully there's people i can talk to, i suppose i'll find out next week.

are you at tafe sofay?

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
jess - yeah, im at tafe, but i go to west wollongong.
its where all the arts and it is.
wollongong tafe doesnt have art, but if it did, i would be going there, as the majority of my friends go to uow.
but i do know after tafe, if my friends are uni, instead of going home, ill be joining them at the uni bar.

fell free to come.

and the putting a message on a notice board - i dont think its THAT desperate. one of my moved from canberra to wollongong and she told me when she didnt have many friends, she left a message on the notice boards.

7th Sign

HSC
heaps more young people seem to do day time courses maby do these

alby

cool duckie
HSC
jess: i'm doing child stuidies
my classes from 6-9, we've got consultations from 5.30-6 and 9-9.30 so i mightn't be there that early every week, but i could come in early if you wanted to meet up before class, and then i can work on my stuff till i start class

7th: not everyone gets into/wants to/can do full time (day classes). i know most people apply for full time to get it over and done with quicker, but this also means that the classes get full quicker, and therefore people have to do part time classes. i didnt get into the full time version of my course last year, though there probably are a couple of spaces free in full time this year for my course, but i am happier to stay in part time because i find it easier, i have friends in my class, and it gives me more opportunities to find work whilst i'm at tafe, because most places (espically in childcare)
a) want you to be qualified (or working towards it), and
b) dont want to employ someone for the couple of hours you have between when you finish class and when they close.

7th Sign

HSC
hmm on the info day we were like together with the diploma/advanced diploma people now its like sorta split up..most of the younger people wen't to the diploma course now im in the advanced diploma course like 50% of it is filled with like older people, the other 45% is like girls theirs like 5% boys lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)