Woolworths Group Interview (1 Viewer)

dynasty

HSC
How many people will there be?

Are all the people at the interview going for the same position, or for different ones?

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
Different. It depends on your region I guess, but you'll have around 10-15 people there.

Don't be too scared, just try to take the initative in group activities and SPEAK. They're trying to assess your communication skills. Oh, and don't forget to groom yourself up a little.

dynasty

HSC
Thanks for that

Also, in the email they sent me it says we do:
- Company Overview
- Two activities — one of which you will be working in pairs, the other you will be working in small groups.
- The final part of the process is a numeracy/literacy test which is completed individually.

What do these entail?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
company overview = them blabbing about Woolies Ltd and blah blah blah.

activity 1 = MIGHT be to get to know the person next to you and introduce them quickly

activity 2 = in groups of 3-4, they give you prioritisation scenarios and you have to present to the group what things have to be done first and why (hint: SAFETY FIRST! and refer to the company values on the bottom of the sheet)

numeracy = MC test where you match barcode numbers and product names to see how well you pay attention to detail. They deliberately give you LOTS of questions and nobody ever finishes on time so focus on ACCURACY not speed. But try to to be both if u can.

DIsclaimer: That's just what my experience was. Yours might be different. good luck

Last edited:

dynasty

HSC
thankyou very much =)

on the topic of what to wear, i was thinking of black pants, white dress shirt but then i thought that looks too much like a woolworths employee (i know the uniforms have changed, but still) or maybe nice skirt and a dress shirt i dno

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
lol i think they would think you're joking if you wear a green shirt and black pants :p

black pants/skirt with white shirt is fine. It is woolies after all. Just be neat and tidy and speak up (but not too much).

dynasty

HSC
haha alright thanks!

i'm actually really scared about this group interview cuz ive never done one before plus theres another interview to get through if i'm lucky

L

lala91

dont worry about it too much. i did mine almost a month ago. i wasnt really nervous. umm it was really casual..we were all waiting outside woolies for the interview and i started a conversation with this chick who's my age. sat next to her when we got in. it felt really casual, and the interviewers or whatever were really nice..we only had two of them even though on the email it said there'd be others aswell..
first thing is the introducing thing. easier than you'd expect. you just ask the person next to you questions about their life and whatever you want, then present it to the group.
second is the proritising activity. very easy.
and last is the test, which we didnt do because they lost the sheets haha

dynasty

HSC
ok thanx, i think if i know what to expect i wont be nervous

i was just wondering whats like an example of a scenario that we have to do for the group activity?

G

Gavvvvvin

For the scenario you just have to prioritize a bunch of tasks. If you get the same one I did, this is the order they go in:

1. Clean up chicken fat spill.
2. Put away frozen goods that are left sitting in the aisle.
3. Serve guy whose orders going to take 10mins to slice.
4. Serve guy who wants a catering order.

L

lala91

they use the same few.. i got..
person who ordered cake a week ago? and the order was misplaced; now the person has shown up and we dont have the cake
staff member has burnt themself
large delivery of bread blocking entrance to bakery section
delivery at the back waiting to be unloaded
customer wanting a sultana cake that was advertised on sale in woolies brochure, but sold out

basically prioritise, say what you would do, and why.

dynasty

HSC
ohh okay thanx, but some of thohse would be irrelevant for a checkout job

so is there like 4 different scenarios or just one and you prioritise the order you would do things in?

is this done individually and then we present it to the big group?

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
yeah for prioritising, basically safety for both staff and customers comes first (eg if your scenario involves a spill that should be dealt with immediately) - then customer service - then all the other stuff like deliveries. Also phone calls are a lower priority - you can always ask the person to call back.

Just bear that in mind and the scenario thing will be a breeze!

hannahxxx

HSC
Hi just wondering (from other peoples experiences) how long it actually takes to get an interview. I applied for a checkout position on the 15th Feb, applications closed on the 16th of Feb, and I haven't heard back from Woolies( today is the 21st). I'm now starting to think that either I'm too old (I'm 17) or that they usually take a while to reply. I've got a year of supermarket checkout experience behind me (if that's worth anything lol). Would any1 who's been through the process be able to tell me:
a) if Woolies send out rejection emails
b) if interviews are always done in groups
c) how long it took Woolies to call them in for an interview after applications had closed (regarding a specific position)
Ta

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I'm 20 (19 when I applied) and they called me a day after apps closed and I had a group interview the day after and a store interview a few days after that.

a) i haven't heard of rejection interviews from woolies
b) from woolies threads around here, some people go through group interviews and some dont (depends on how desperate the store is)
c) see my little anecdote above

hannahxxx

HSC
Thanks for that. I'm just re-reading the email I got after I lodged my application-it says: "If your application corresponds to our requirements, a member of our Human Resources Department will contact you soon to advise you of the next steps in the recruitment process. If your application does not meet our requirements you will be sent correspondence via email advising you accordingly".

So, by not giving me ANY correspondence, Woolies is saying "Right, you were so bloody crap that we don't even feel you deserve a rejection letter". I guess it's always good to know where I stand though lol :D
Ahhhh bugger 'em

HSC
hannahxxx said:
Would any1 who's been through the process be able to tell me:
Generally depends on the time of year. At the moment, they would probably be doing group interviews (as its approaching easter), but about a month ago they would have been doing individual interviews. Most people have both a group interview and an individual interview, though I only had a group interview. It depends on where the interview is held (ie, is it at the store where you've applied, etc).

sammcpherson

HSC
Hi just wondering (from other peoples experiences) how long it actually takes to get an interview. I applied for a checkout position on the 15th Feb, applications closed on the 16th of Feb, and I haven't heard back from Woolies( today is the 21st). I'm now starting to think that either I'm too old (I'm 17) or that they usually take a while to reply. I've got a year of supermarket checkout experience behind me (if that's worth anything lol). Would any1 who's been through the process be able to tell me:
a) if Woolies send out rejection emails
c) how long it took Woolies to call them in for an interview after applications had closed (regarding a specific position)
Ta

They send rejection emails.
I applied at two woolies stores, and got sent rejection emails, then the next day they called me saying there was a different position available, and I have an interview :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)