Word-limit and markers (1 Viewer)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I'd think they would count the no. of words in one line then count out an approximate no. from the amount of lines...I dont think they will count out each individual word.

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
so it doesn't really matter if we are a bit over, because its just an approx?
100 words should be alright...just as long as it isn't really noticable.

Thank god - I'm don't have to worry about wordcount or I'd be so screwed (I've written like over 10000 words and I'm not even finished!). I'm doing critical writing but in the form of a website - so there's no word limit, only a "page" limit.

*crams alot into one page*

Even if the website doesn't have a limit - will I get marked down because I've got too much writing on each page or something?

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I don't know about the website, but I reckon if too much was crammed onto one page they would think that it hasn't been organised to enhance meaning. ie- You've formatted your website in a way that's hard to understand... This is all just speculation.

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
i'm pretty sure that in creative writing you have to be WITHIN the word limit, not 10% over/under. i don't know how they check but personally i wouldn't risk it.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
They don't check it. As Kami was saying earlier, they do an approximation. So you'll be alright if you're just a little bit over. This info, straight from the marker's mouth.

J

jhakka

What is expected and what actually happens are two different things. They expect you to be within the word limit, though they won't actually count and then knock you down for being three words over.

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
but at the same time, you have almost a year to write your majorwork. i really don't think it's too much to ask to keep it within the limits.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Having said that, a lot of people don't start until a month or so before it's due. I think the margins they give you (2000 words for short story) are more than enough for you not to have to go over or under.

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
666_blessings said:
Having said that, a lot of people don't start until a month or so before it's due. I think the margins they give you (2000 words for short story) are more than enough for you not to have to go over or under.
that's what i was trying to say.

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
_blank said:
100 words should be alright...just as long as it isn't really noticable.

Thank god - I'm don't have to worry about wordcount or I'd be so screwed (I've written like over 10000 words and I'm not even finished!). I'm doing critical writing but in the form of a website - so there's no word limit, only a "page" limit.

*crams alot into one page*

Even if the website doesn't have a limit - will I get marked down because I've got too much writing on each page or something?
They have a "page" limit?

courtnez

Now, what I want is Facts
HSC
And 37. I have 8037 words right now. It's hard to cut down, so... vat shall be done?!

Frob

HSC
I'm doing a video, which is meant to be 6-8 minutes. Does anyone know what kind of penalty there would be if it went for nine or ten?

robo3687

Tired
HSC
does anyone know how they mark scripts?...do they actually perform them? because we have a time limit of 20-30 minutes and mine runs for about 25 but i don't want that to blow out if they perform it wrong...

any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)