Word limits (1 Viewer)

Emph

HSC
Hey all past EE2ers

I was just wondering about the 6000-8000 word limit.

At the moment my story is sitting around 6400 words. Although there are places which I could probably crap on for a bit longer, it seems pretty alright as it is. It the Board of Studies going to say "ooo she only just got over 6000 words... she loses marks"?

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
I highly doubt it. The word limit is there to be a word limit, not a guideline. They say 'be in these parameters', you're within the parameters, you're safe.

renton

HSC
why the fuck wood they say that?

they want you to have it in that range. whether or not u just scraped in or ur at 8000 words, i dont think they care, as long as its in the range.

shorter is better. dont shit on, keep it at 6000

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
It's the quality of your story that is important. If everything fist and you're happy with your story then don't bother adding in little extras because it will just interfere with the flow. The reason (I suppose) that there must be a 2000 word difference in limits is because a story is not like an essay. It's about pleasing the reader (and whatever they actually mark you on) and all that.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Emph said:
Hey all past EE2ers

I was just wondering about the 6000-8000 word limit.

At the moment my story is sitting around 6400 words. Although there are places which I could probably crap on for a bit longer, it seems pretty alright as it is. It the Board of Studies going to say "ooo she only just got over 6000 words... she loses marks"?
A word limit is a word limit, they aren't going to give it to you and penalise you for obeying the syllabus. Just play with your story so that it seems right to you rather than forcing it for the sake of the word limit. Who knows - you might end up completely retooling your work due to a sudden surge of inspiration, but unless that happens just play the editor for now.:)

pungemo

HSC
While shorter is not necessarily better you should only add to your story if it, well... adds to your story :) Rather than thinking what you could add, think about what you could remove or change. If something doesn't add to the flow or feel of your story it shouldn't be there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)