Word Limits! (1 Viewer)

| n i s s y |

HSC
Does any one noe How strict the board of studies r on word limits???
How much can we go over without loosing maarks??

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
There is a thread about this in "School". Use the search engine. Otherwise, the golden rule is 10% of the overall limit in most cases. Of course, there are always exceptions.

| n i s s y |

HSC
yes is the pip an exception? coz its gonna be 5000 words...does that mean we can go 500 over?

Mike85

my central material was about 700 words over (so 5700 words) and all my other '500 word limit; sections were about 700 each. They aren't as strict for S&C as they are for Eng Ext2. I ended up getting a HD for mine.... but it has to be good for you to get away with it - I mean, would you want to read MORE of a crappy PIP?? They're hard (boring) enough to read as it is :p

Jessisbored

HSC
wow im so jealous...how did you do so well! 1. howd you get the hd, not just like 'it was good' so i got it...and 2. howd you do so well in the exam and then wow get a 99 for ur uai! that is amazzzinnnnggggg.

My word count atm is about 3670...i have quite abit to go though and i know that for the next four weeks ill have to cut it down abit to make sure i dont go way over the word limit.

kylie_robbo

One thing that most people don't realise is that you don't have to use all your words. If you can say something in say 3500 words that someone else used 5005 words to say, you will be better off, because you have been more consise and to the point. BUT there is always the fine line between warbling and being too blunt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)