Work in holidays (1 Viewer)

northbank

HSC
Just out of interest, how much work if any would you be doing in the holidays.

WannaBang?

HSC
northbank said:
Just out of interest, how much work if any would you be doing in the holidays.
I'm gonna be working 1 day a week. About 8 hours.

northbank

HSC
i have a cunt of an economics assignment to do/study for the in-class essay whch is all on gov. budget which is a right CUNT

don't know, i just can't bring myself to do it

one day...

bored of sc

HSC
I plan to revise everything up to date

religion - do syllabus dot point short answers

english - write essay and review texts - hopefully read a bit ahead for the next texts

maths - do past papers

chemistry - revision notes - revise like mad!

music - um, not too much --> I might practise my singing more and type a little bit of stuff

PDHPE - revise Core 2 mainly and Core 3 also (finish this off)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Is this work work? Or study/homework work?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Don't work work. Will only study/homework work when I have time. I actually intend to go-out-socially-more-than-once this holidays, unlike the last ones. :)

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
around doing my pip, ill be working every day in the afternoons and mornings with my super duper cleaning job. im aiming to having about a a grand or more by november for formal schoolies (already made appointments, bought tickets and put deposits on accom.)

eliseliselise

HSC
i have to volunteer at a nursing home for many a day... entertaining the oldies-- what could be more enjoyable!? ill start coming online starting posts with "well, son.. BACK in my day.." :S and on top of that studying for zee trials [the school prescibed that i do 60 hours study] i probably would normally do that much.. its just that i dont time it to avoid depression and other miscellaneous side-effects, like what happens if i study for like 300 hours and then i fail miserably?! who knows.. it would be WWIII. today i did 2 past papers for 3u maths.. in one i got 94%, and in the other 61%.. so i am really quite confused and disturbed and feel like writing a biology summary!! i love dot points!! thankyou for filling the empty cavity in my heart, boardofstudies!!

p:s i tried to have a day without BoS/myspace/facebook/phone/friends.. to concentrate more on "school" and "succeeding through endeavour" [hvgs represent!]- i failed miserably!!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
eliseliselise said:
i have to volunteer at a nursing home for many a day... entertaining the oldies-- what could be more enjoyable!? ill start coming online starting posts with "well, son.. BACK in my day.." :S and on top of that studying for zee trials [the school prescibed that i do 60 hours study] i probably would normally do that much.. its just that i dont time it to avoid depression and other miscellaneous side-effects, like what happens if i study for like 300 hours and then i fail miserably?! who knows.. it would be WWIII. today i did 2 past papers for 3u maths.. in one i got 94%, and in the other 61%.. so i am really quite confused and disturbed and feel like writing a biology summary!! i love dot points!! thankyou for filling the empty cavity in my heart, boardofstudies!!

p:s i tried to have a day without BoS/myspace/facebook/phone/friends.. to concentrate more on "school" and "succeeding through endeavour" [hvgs represent!]- i failed miserably!!
That's why I do 2 Unit CSSA past papers. Getting good marks in those make me feel good. It is as if I am academically top in the world. :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Pacchiru said:
Well rest of course. And work.. work. Not homework but work. If you get what I mean.
:D
Work as in exercise? I do it now.

OR work as in work?

eliseliselise

HSC
lyounamu said:
That's why I do 2 Unit CSSA past papers. Getting good marks in those make me feel good. It is as if I am academically top in the world. :D
aah! are the CSSA papers considered the hardest or something?? please enlighten me!! i have been doing this "neap western region" trials, and also these ones that just say "western region"- and seriously, the "western region" ones make me want to cry and accept an E1 as a mark... but then i tried a barker college one.. and that was like happy days, and the proper hsc ones seem pretty good, too! but the western region... -shudder- so.. i think i should find some CSSA papers?? or will that obliterate one's morale??

punky priincess

HSC
N/A
Enough o get me by:)
btw i 4got how to post a new thread.....:eek:
any1 care2 help....

Devouree

Good names already taken.
HSC
Lol, i work as a part-time receptionist at a hotel, working probably every day for about 10 hours a day, 5 days a week. But of these 10 hours, I probably only do actual 'work' for about 1 hour, as the rest is pretty quiet. So when i get bored :(, I start studying :p

But yeah, it's pretty tiring, and the pay isn't really that good (only $9/hour!!!), but it doesn't impact upon my study much so that's nice.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Devouree said:
Lol, i work as a part-time receptionist at a hotel, working probably every day for about 10 hours a day, 5 days a week. But of these 10 hours, I probably only do actual 'work' for about 1 hour, as the rest is pretty quiet. So when i get bored :(, I start studying :p

But yeah, it's pretty tiring, and the pay isn't really that good (only $9/hour!!!), but it doesn't impact upon my study much so that's nice.
I don't plan on working. :(

Send me some cash please ? :eek:

eliseliselise

HSC
punky priincess said:
Enough o get me by:)
btw i 4got how to post a new thread.....:eek:
any1 care2 help....
go to the "general discussion on the prelim hsc" or wherever it is u want to post ur new thread... to the left hand side below banner and navi links, theres a button that says "new thread" - click that!

ps love ur avatar

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
eliseliselise said:
aah! are the CSSA papers considered the hardest or something?? please enlighten me!! i have been doing this "neap western region" trials, and also these ones that just say "western region"- and seriously, the "western region" ones make me want to cry and accept an E1 as a mark... but then i tried a barker college one.. and that was like happy days, and the proper hsc ones seem pretty good, too! but the western region... -shudder- so.. i think i should find some CSSA papers?? or will that obliterate one's morale??
Um. I am not really sure. I haven't tried all the Trial papers out there. But as far as I know about this paper, this is more difficult than HSC exam. Only Trial exams that I seem to have a lot of are NSGH, JRAH, Normanhurst, Abbotsleigh, NSBH, Carlingford and all those exams. If you are looking for difficult exams I reckon Sefton & JRAH were probably the hardest. But in general CSSA are harder than those school exams. I will have a look anyway.

tetrisam

HSC
Plans going quite well,

quit my job, starting assessments, joined a tutor, preparing for the term3
and pretty much cutting most of my social life. It's pretty sad but has to happen realistically :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)