Working in Sydney.... (1 Viewer)

*vb*

HSC
okay folks, i'm seriously contemplating on moving over to Sydney this year or start of next year. at present im studying an i.t degree at uni in england. will be looking into applying for graduate schemes in i.t companies/i.t roles in sydney.

would like to know what it's like, based on your own experiences of working in an office/team environment in sydney. state what you do and how long you've been working for. would like to get the jist of things. like is there a lot of office politics or are people in general happy go lucky and dont feel the need to pass the stupid/off putting remark. (that really gets on my tits!)

any other advice would be appreciated =)

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
I work on an IT service desk, and have done for a little over 6 months. Its a pretty good team, with a mix of technically skilled people and customer service oriented people. Of course there's going to be people who make stupid remarks, etc and of course there's office politics. Its just the way things are. But generally people are pretty easy to get along with, or at least to work beside.

Donski

HSC
N/A
well where I used to work....IT helpdesk r the fucked people. no seriously, everytime i logged a service call we would receive auto the job no...24 hr turnaround aint good enough as I worked in a fund management where I dealt with lots of $$$; one fucked up error, we had to do an adjustment...so blamed IT, I had to escalated to my manager every single fuckin time for a response.

overall there are some pretty good people and yeah theres always office politics and gossips..those bitches...of coz friday night drinks.

*vb*

HSC
hahaa! cheers you lot!

i'm a pure sucker for office politics...! can NEVER seem to find my tongue when it's needed...!

and HAHA @ friday night drinks, yeah that's so true!:bomb:

i don't mind the work to be honest, i love getting on with things, just some people make stupid comments, it's like WTF you donkified IMBECILE....!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)