Workout/Gym Plan Questions (1 Viewer)

AntiJap

HSC
N/A
So what do you guys suggest in terms of a 3 day plan? I've just realised I can only go very occasionally on weekends so during uni it will most likely just be a 3 day week. I'm going to have these exercises I do every gym day:

Cardio
Ab machine
Dumbbell warmup

How do you guys handle cardio? I just do the treadmill say 3 minutes on light warmup say (speed 6-10) then about 3-4 minutes on hectic (speed: 12) then 3 minutes cooldown speed 6-10. Is this optimal?

If you guys were me, how would you plan the workout for 3 days basically is my question.

Thanks

bassistx

HSC
I have a question. Maybe you guys can shed some light on the issue?
How much is the "maximum" women should lift? I don't want to get bulky and 10kg+ is just.... Isn't it overthetop?

Nat3skiz

HSC
bassistx said:
I have a question. Maybe you guys can shed some light on the issue?
How much is the "maximum" women should lift? I don't want to get bulky and 10kg+ is just.... Isn't it overthetop?
if you aren't eating heaps of carbs and protein, you won't gain the muscle mass and put on the weight. Its not the weights that bulk you up.

quik.

HSC
bassistx...

You can't get bulky. Not unless you pretty much dedicate your life to it, and start injecting. Your body simply doesn't produce the hormones. You arn't going to pick up a 10kg dumbbell, and wake up the next day with 20inch arms :p

You build a lean, muscular, athletic body using largely the same principles as you do to get huge and ripped.. you just don't take it as far.

HSC
The above.

Men spend years doing weights and whatnot, and make small gains, etc.

So don't assume you're going to look like Arnie, overnight - or ever ;)

NinjaSauce

HSC
AntiJap said:
So what do you guys suggest in terms of a 3 day plan? I've just realised I can only go very occasionally on weekends so during uni it will most likely just be a 3 day week. I'm going to have these exercises I do every gym day:

Cardio
Ab machine
Dumbbell warmup
Try the 4 day plan i said above, but skip the 4th training session. (the 'light' bench day'. Give it a shot. On 'squat' day, do other leg exercises. Bench, or overhead press, whatever you wanna do, do extra tricep, shoulder, and chest work. Deadlift, match it with back work. And butt work, if you know, swing that way :p
As for curls, throw them on squat/leg day. Press will have enough arm work as it is, and deadlift/back day will: 1. Stress you biceps enough (supporting the deadlift), and 2. You need the strength on them for pull ups (lat exercise).
Hit the ab machine before you leave every day - easy! Abd should be hit last, as if you tire them out at the start, it will effect every lift after them (negatively).

If you can make it to a Saturday session, play around, try new things, But dont kill your legs (they will be tired from the day before, and will be needed for squats). If you bench, try overhead press, of vice versa. Don't go too heavy, and experiment. Then hit some basketball or something if you want. of soccer. of rugby... or... something different.

AntiJap said:
How do you guys handle cardio? I just do the treadmill say 3 minutes on light warmup say (speed 6-10) then about 3-4 minutes on hectic (speed: 12) then 3 minutes cooldown speed 6-10. Is this optimal?
I walk A LOT. And also play around on Saturdays with 'strongman' style cardio. Pick up things and walk for time or distance, throw things, drag things, have FUN. F-U-N is the key here. What is optimal? ---> What will you do consistantly? Thats the key. Insider tip: Most of fat loss is diet related.

NinjaSauce

HSC
chicky_pie said:
i can lift 50kg :)
Off the floor?

Over head?

Bench?

Thrown?

With your teeth?

Telekinesis?

---------

And Bassistx,

You wont get big. It is not like it happens by accident. Hell, even if you were trying to gain muscle weight, you'll have trouble.
Hell, lets say you are one of those freaky girls (very, very rare) who does start building huge muscles... Just, ya know, back off? It is not like you'll do some curls and WHAM you have 20 inch arms when you wake up in the morn. :D

Last edited:

quik.

HSC
I dunno Ninja. This one time, I drank a protein shake before bed, next day I looked like Ronnie Coleman but white. Scared the hell out of me.

Nat3skiz

HSC
NinjaSauce said:
Off the floor?

Over head?

Bench?

Thrown?

With your teeth?

Telekinesis?
its obvious she meant her teeth.

bassistx

HSC
Nobody really answered my question.
I'll change it.

What's a good starting weight? 5kg? Less? More?
Take note here that I've got a small frame and well... You wouldn't even call them shoulders. Backpacks just slip off.
I'm pretty strong (lower body) but my upper body is so freaking weak. My wrists are tiny and I can't pushup/liftup without getting cramps or twisting my wrists.

Jess007

HSC
yeh good gym plan. just make sure u actually stick to it... and yeh 5 ks is a good start.. dont over work yourself though

quik.

HSC
bassistx said:
Nobody really answered my question.
I'll change it.

What's a good starting weight? 5kg? Less? More?
Take note here that I've got a small frame and well... You wouldn't even call them shoulders. Backpacks just slip off.
I'm pretty strong (lower body) but my upper body is so freaking weak. My wrists are tiny and I can't pushup/liftup without getting cramps or twisting my wrists.
You didn't get a definative answer because we're not you. Use a weight that's challenging whilst allowing you to maintain decent form, use a set / rep scheme suitable for your goals. There is no 'maximum' you can lift before you start to resemble the incredible hulk.

williamc

HSC
^ one word, villaroid.

Pretty much like taking a herbal pinger for energy.

Expensive shit but.

AntiJap

HSC
N/A
awesome my friend's buying it and we're gonna split it so works out to be about 60 dollars for 2.35kgs.

jannny

HSC
Im just starting out to do some working out with a goal of "Cutting" but wondering how heavy dumbell I should start on?

Also, what kind of Cardio equipments do I need without going to the gym?

Thanks!

HSC
Pace_T said:
on100% is definately good value. its a great brand and its not a rip off and yes thats not a bad price for 4.5 odd kgs!
X2. I use it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)