worlds of upheaval related text? (1 Viewer)

slumpy

HSC
in terms of related texts, would it be advantgeous to have some sort of conceptual link between our text beyond their relation to the rubric? for example, the set text we're working on right now is frankenstein so should i choose something that i could easily link with the ideas (scientific discovery conversing with religion and romanticist values etc etc) or would some form of rubric relating upheaval of society or context be a sufficient enough link?

p.s if anyone has some good texts, would be appreciated - ive left choosing mine way too late and i dont consume any sort of... school appropriate media (i just play too many video games)... that i could choose from, i'd have to read/watch something new. i was thinking of maybe doing the film parasite? (saw an exemplar paragraph on it and liked the idea?)

thanks !

kingpalindrome

HSC
in terms of related texts, would it be advantgeous to have some sort of conceptual link between our text beyond their relation to the rubric? for example, the set text we're working on right now is frankenstein so should i choose something that i could easily link with the ideas (scientific discovery conversing with religion and romanticist values etc etc) or would some form of rubric relating upheaval of society or context be a sufficient enough link?

p.s if anyone has some good texts, would be appreciated - ive left choosing mine way too late and i dont consume any sort of... school appropriate media (i just play too many video games)... that i could choose from, i'd have to read/watch something new. i was thinking of maybe doing the film parasite? (saw an exemplar paragraph on it and liked the idea?)

thanks !
my related text was super vaguely linked to concept of worlds of upheaval and it still did really well so I don't think it matters as long as you can justify it well. I did metropolis, godot and then antigone as my related text. For godot i focused on existentialism as a way to cope with the world, for metropolis I looked at its critique of industrialisation, and then I looked at antigone as a response to women's roles in ancient greece. So all of the three texts were different, but all responded to their own world of upheaval. I haven't seen parasite but from what I've heard of it it sounds like a good option, honestly you just need to be able to explain your position, even if it's the most buck wild thing on earth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)