Would B engineering (biomedical)/B science be a struggle for me? (1 Viewer)

Chronicole

HSC
I achieved an atar of 96.9 and have studied MX1 and biology for my HSC. The assumed knowledge for biomed engineering at USyd in the uac guide is chemistry and physics. I did study chemistry in year 11 but dropped it because I failed to understand the explanations of my teacher. I have intentions of taking the bridging courses (for chem and physics) at Usyd but will it be enough? And a friend has recommended me to do science (adv) with the engineering because I passed the atar requirement for it.

And on a side note I have been reading threads about engineering at different unis and some have mentioned that unsw would be the best place to study engineering. That would've been fine but unsw only offered biomed engineering as a masters. Would it really affect my career prospects and such if I chose to study engineering at Usyd instead of UNSW? And what makes UNSW engineering better than USyd engineering?

Thank you.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I achieved an atar of 96.9 and have studied MX1 and biology for my HSC. The assumed knowledge for biomed engineering at USyd in the uac guide is chemistry and physics. I did study chemistry in year 11 but dropped it because I failed to understand the explanations of my teacher. I have intentions of taking the bridging courses (for chem and physics) at Usyd but will it be enough? And a friend has recommended me to do science (adv) with the engineering because I passed the atar requirement for it.

And on a side note I have been reading threads about engineering at different unis and some have mentioned that unsw would be the best place to study engineering. That would've been fine but unsw only offered biomed engineering as a masters. Would it really affect my career prospects and such if I chose to study engineering at Usyd instead of UNSW? And what makes UNSW engineering better than USyd engineering?

Thank you.
It could be hard for you, but engineering is never an easy course to do. If you put the work into the bridging you should be fine though. If you pulled up strong maths/bio scores, I reckon you could apply yourself to chem/physics (if you struggled with chem in yr11 you may need help out from people on it).

UNSW tends to be regarded the engineering university in Aus-but USYD is still a strongly regarded university and offers an undergrad engineering in exactly the discipline you want to do so that's obvs your circumstance for wanted undergrad course. You could always consider flexible first year engineering it you aren't exactly sure if you want to do biomed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)