would you get involved with someone, knowing they had a mental condition (1 Viewer)

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
something reasonably serious such a bi-polar, bulemia, depression etc

would you bail, hesitate or would it not matter

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
I think everyone already knows my answer to this

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
what are your experiences / thoughts re: this

HalcyonSky

HSC
if i liked the girl enough it really wouldnt matter

my dads ex wife was bipolar and having lived with her i can say it makes relationships super difficult, but id at least see how it goes rather than bailing

depression, id be turned off by a woe is me type but if she just has a generally morbid outlook on life and is more on the apathetic side of depression it wouldnt matter

addiction problems, depends how severe it is.. proper alcohol problems would be an insta bail for me, i hate hate hate drunk chicks

tlodg

HSC
N/A
Everyone has a mental "condition" in some way.

theundefined

HSC
it depends if u are commited enough to make a relationship. otherwise, 'liking' someone alot, does not constitute reasons. However saying so, unless you've known each other long enough, ie. friendship and you have been around them, and you are capable, then it is a good responsibility to have; that is In terms of handling a mature relationship without hindering your view of the person.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
i wouldnt be able to cope because i am so super normal i would be like wtf i dont understand why you are crazy cos im not see its easy just be normal

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
something reasonably serious such a bi-polar, bulemia, depression etc

would you bail, hesitate or would it not matter
1. Should be a poll
2. Is this about the girl you are falling for?
3. I think I would hesitate.... decide on a case-by-case basis.... I think that she would have to be doing something to address the problem rather than letting it get worse...

williamc

HSC
"Love is magic comfort food for the weak and uneducated. Yeah, it makes you feel all warm and relevant but in the end it leaves you weak, dependant and fat!"

"I wish I could believe in all this crap, I really do. I also wish I could believe in the Easter Bunny, the missile shield and strippers with a heart of gold. Unfortunately I am condemned to see the world as it really is, and love, love is a myth."

lol ghosts of girlfriends past lol movie

Last edited:

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Want to opt out of the crazy chicks but smarts and crazy go hand in hand.

Long trail of crazy chicks in my life, it makes life interesting but it gets really fucking draining.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
what are your experiences / thoughts re: this
A mental condition shouldn't be weighed more heavily in your decision than it is likely to affect a potential relationship.

An awesome person with mental health issues is still an awesome person. I would proceed with caution, but it should only be viewed as a deal breaker if the individual is so unstable that there would inevitably be too much conflict for it to work.

I guess.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Want to opt out of the crazy chicks but smarts and crazy go hand in hand.

Long trail of crazy chicks in my life, it makes life interesting but it gets really fucking draining.
And also this.

Very much this.

ay0_x

HSC
I'm not in a position to make demands on that front.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
1. Should be a poll
2. Is this about the girl you are falling for?
3. I think I would hesitate.... decide on a case-by-case basis.... I think that she would have to be doing something to address the problem rather than letting it get worse...
1. polls kind of detract from thread discussions, as people just hit a button as opposed to forming and vocalising an opinion/sharing an experience
2. yes, yes it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)