Writing Fast - crash course :D (1 Viewer)

chensta

HSC
N/A
so sup peeps, less than a day left to the big day, and i just realised my handwriting speed aint too flash. I think i can get maybe 900 words in 40 minutes, and if i push it, maybe 1000, but might only contain 500 legible words, so no point.

Now you guys/girls (especially these crazy ones who writes more than 1,200+ words ), how do you do it? Okay i know 'practice', yea i spent all day writing over and over my prepared essays, and im not getting much faster. (and please dont tell me i should of done this aaaages ago, i know it, but i just cant....my little asian gamer brain works in strange ways'

So yea, i will propably be screwed for tomorows test, but if you guys give me some nice tips i might get better by Thursday, plus i got sum bullshit Art exam too, which is just like english.

nothin more to add, expect help.... :D

Chensta

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Don't grip the pen too tightly, hold the page down with your non-writing hand so that you don't have to apply too much pressure to the page with your writing hand, find a pen that's comfortable for you, practise.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Develop a stream of consiousness and guess how you do that...

wanton-wonton

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Don't grip the pen too tightly, hold the page down with your non-writing hand so that you don't have to apply too much pressure to the page with your writing hand, find a pen that's comfortable for you, practise.
This is coming from someone who's gay.

Just kidding mate, thanks for that.

IcEy

HSC
I can usually get about 16 HSC pages into 40 mins, depending on how well I know the subject.

I think you're screwed. You can't learn to write fast in one day, you just gotta practise, ie. write EVERYTHING out and never type anything. Just write heaps... under pressure as well.

But a good pen, with a good grip is always helpful. Change pens if they get too sweaty or, obviously, when they run out, and bring many many many pens...

:-D

chensta

HSC
N/A
ahhhhh i see the problem.....i got these 50 for $5 or sumthin officework pens :D goes and finds some decent pens

Pro Gamer

HSC
All my pens are click pens, they arent allowed in the HSC are they?

chensta

HSC
N/A
why wouldnt click pens be allowed? well i guess it has potential to be a real pain when u keep clicking...but then again i can use my mouth to sing....and that'll be annoying too :D

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
I bought 3 today, they're the same ones i used for my trials. "Gel retractable" pens, works well.

Pro Gamer

HSC
I dunno, I thought click pens were banned because they create noise. What do you mean by retractable, I'm assuming ones you click?

SlipStream

HSC
Fold the booklet so that you're writing directly over the desk and not on another page underneath it. That way there's less resistance on your hand and it's thus easier to write quickly. Also, don't grow complacent in between sections if you see you have a little extra time. Use that extra time at the end, not in the middle. Don't be afraid to stretch your hand, just do it quickly so you don't loose your brain flow (then you have to stop and remember where you were up to).

BTW: Of course click pens are allowed! You can any kind of pen you like, as long as it's blue or black (black is best).

Pro Gamer

HSC
SlipStream said:
BTW: Of course click pens are allowed! You can any kind of pen you like, as long as it's blue or black (black is best).
Sigh, Ive been lied to again.

SlipStream

HSC
You're only allowed to take what is listed in the back of the HSC timetable. It doesn't say anything about clicky pens being banned, so they obviously aren't.

volition

arr.
HSC
Yeah, I can do about 1300-1400 words in 40 minutes. I say you really can't just learn to write quickly in a day, it's gotta be done with practice.

However, I do think that it's a bit of a toss to think that you NEED to go and buy an expensive pen. Those cheap bic pens are you all you really need to write quickly. On top of that they don't smudge either, so you can just write without worrying about smudging.

http://www.officedepot.com/pictures/sk/md/375014_sk_md.jpg

bubu

man wat a rip i spent 4.50x3 on three pen

such a rip but are very good tho

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
chensta said:
so sup peeps, less than a day left to the big day, and i just realised my handwriting speed aint too flash. I think i can get maybe 900 words in 40 minutes, and if i push it, maybe 1000, but might only contain 500 legible words, so no point.

Now you guys/girls (especially these crazy ones who writes more than 1,200+ words ), how do you do it? Okay i know 'practice', yea i spent all day writing over and over my prepared essays, and im not getting much faster. (and please dont tell me i should of done this aaaages ago, i know it, but i just cant....my little asian gamer brain works in strange ways'

So yea, i will propably be screwed for tomorows test, but if you guys give me some nice tips i might get better by Thursday, plus i got sum bullshit Art exam too, which is just like english.

nothin more to add, expect help.... :D

Chensta
i gots tha same problem...but i got three words for you,and i am also going to remember this when im struggling with getting about 3 words in about 5 minutes without thinking about whats for dinner or something much more important like that..anyway..back to the point of the thread...3 words...QUALITY NOT QUANTITY!

SlipStream

HSC
A lot of the band 6 responses for Adv English are barely legible because they're writing so fast. I would imagine the line is drawn where you need to actually look at each word when reading, rather than recognise the shape. I know my writing will be big and a little messy, but I'll do fine I reckon (I'll be hitting NOS for modules, though). So should everyone else here. :)

enigma~

HSC
I can get about 1500 words down. Sure my handwritting sucks, but its there. Tip for writing fast- get a semi-inky pen to glide across the page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)