Yay! Sdd 2 Go (1 Viewer)

tmhai

HSC
Hey Everyone!

Im in year 11 and Im doing SDD via Distance Education! How stupid am I, this topic is soo hard!

Thoughts...
- Bobby

WaterRat

HSC
Your not stupid for doing it!!!

Thats cool though how you get to do a distance education course!!!

Why did u have to do it for??

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
just wondering bobby, r u doing prelim HSC SDD, or THE HSC SDD?

whatever SDD course you are doing, i sincerely wish you all the best!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
What topic is it?

If its preliminary try not to worry so much just work on understanding the key concepts going through the textbook reading through it until you understand, remember its the HSC year that counts. Good luck!

*sparklez...

HSC
tmhai said:
Hey Everyone!

Im in year 11 and Im doing SDD via Distance Education! How stupid am I, this topic is soo hard!

Thoughts...
- Bobby
you say that now...but it'll get heaps easier...its a fun subject =] well at least its my fun subject...keeps me from exploding because of my other subjects ahahah

Dr_Doom

HSC
Yeah SDD is aiight. Usually just play games lol. But I'm starting to code up my 3D game :D having trouble making the steps sounds work when he walks. I mean they start when I move the character, then I stop, but the step sounds dont stop :|

Any help?

Glen Anderson

Captain Affirmative
HSC
Dr_Doom said:
Usually just play games lol. But I'm starting to code up my 3D game :D
3d games???
unfair our friggin class is still in supercard.half the bloody kids in our class still can't work out how to traverse or call subprograms but yet want to be software designers. Dumbasses. We went to visual studio for a while but they didn't understand oop so back to the MACS for us. you would think when they get 20% in a take home assessment you would realise that u suck but no *end rant:burn:

Legham

HSC
Hey. Me and a friend are also doing SDD by distance ed :D Which school are you doing it through? We're through Karabar high school.. Funny thing is, we only got our first bit of work at the end of week 7 :p. So, now we've only missed out on about a quarter of the preliminary year :p. Top it off with my extension maths work, 3 physics assignments, engineering, advanced english and IPT, and im bound to have fun for the next month or so as i catch up :p.

Good luck with your course :p

Dr_Doom

HSC
Don't worry, our school will be last for software design in the state trust me. :p

bboyelement

HSC
uhm yeh its an ok subject but i having trouble keeping my eyes open in class just because our teacher is so crap at teaching that all she does is read from the book while the rest of the class is half asleep

tama00

HSC
bboyelement said:
uhm yeh its an ok subject but i having trouble keeping my eyes open in class just because our teacher is so crap at teaching that all she does is read from the book while the rest of the class is half asleep
well i mean the book does have all the answers, we have a little saying in out class, "its in the book"..

I just hate it when the teacher reads word from word from the book, and you type it up in your word processor word for word.. So utterly pointless..!! We had to do that while a teacher was sick, most boring week ever.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
tmhai said:
Hey Everyone!

Thoughts...
- Bobby
I didn't find it that hard, just very boring ! sorry sdd people =p

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Anti-Mathmite said:
Out of the 21 units that i did, SDD was the most self taught course, so it wont matter that you're doing it via distance education.

(Chemistry was the most instense of the self taught courses, but that was because you needed to get it into your head even after the teacher said it. With SDD, you teach yourself most of it.. The teacher doesn't).

21 units o_O?! what subjects did you do?

lvlark

HSC
ok.. i just realised that ANOTHER person has jsut said that they had a crap software teacher.. so how many other people would say their teacher also sux... i kno mine does.. he has no idea, when i ask for help he presses F1 for help

Chacotay

HSC
lvlark said:
ok.. i just realised that ANOTHER person has jsut said that they had a crap software teacher.. so how many other people would say their teacher also sux... i kno mine does.. he has no idea, when i ask for help he presses F1 for help
Yeah, our teacher sucks. We have 3 people in ouor class, 2 of them have no idea about SDD (that'd be me and the retard) and the other one does some programming outside of school, so he's got the advantage. Not only that, but I've got my SDD half yearly, and Its 3 hours. I SWEAR WE HAVENT DONE 3 HOURS OF WORK IN THIS COURSE. It's sooo annoying, especially since I need it to have 10 units for my UAI... so i rekon with this idiot teaching the class, I'd be lucky to get a 60+ UAI (even though I'm aiming for at least 80 - 85+) :burn:

HSC
I did SDD correspondence through Karabar as well - I think they are the only correspondence school that does it. If you have problems with it - ring up your teacher - they will help you. And if you are in prelim at the moment - make sure you understand stuff - the hsc course isn't too much different. And besides Karabar has excellent notes for the HSC course.
The only problem is them teaching programming in Pascal (which isn't that bad - just can't do too much with it) - and then suddenly giving you assignmetns to do in VB (which is the root of all evil)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
SDD is a hard course regardless of where you do it and with whom you do it. :)

It's not a programming course. Just remember that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)