Yay! Welcome to the reading room! (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
First of all we must thank Laz for doing this, satisfying the whims of the minions if you like.....

Ok, for anyone who didn't catch the thread in non-school, this forum was designed spcifically for BOS members (who have been deprived of their own reading by the BOS and their evil HSC text list!) to agree on novels they would like to read and be able to discuss their thoughts on it afterwards...

Obviously there are going to be many and varied tastes in novels, so we will all have to cooperate and be willing to make room and explore other types of novels. If you don't want to read a novel agreed on for a certain week, no sweat, you can read something else in the meantime and start the next one we do!

For each novel we will need to agree on an agreed time period (so we don't have people ruining the end of the novel for others!), obviously a middle ground that can suit both the super-fast readrers and those who like to take their time...

So sit back, relax, and help us get a list of novels we wanna read as well as participate in discussions!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Thank you muchly Mr Laz, oh and good work Ms 12.

I'm willing and ready. I want to expand my horizons and all that jazz :D

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
what genre(s) do you like in particular? :)

^___^
HSC
to be honest., i love the book Forrest Gump by Winston Groom..

the author is in Forrest view(first person view) and with his disability, the author took the approach of having spelling and grammar mistakes in the whole book.
This along with humor, allows the reader to be engaged to the story...

the story plot is different to the movie hence it makes the whole text a lot more interesting...

rating:
5/5

Wow! was this forum made today? Maybe we should make different threads for different genres and say this <insert period of time here> we will be looking at <insert genre here> and they go to that thread, but the people who aren't interested at all in that genre can have a look at a different genre?

I am going to make a science fiction thread anyway, because that's my favourite genre!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Where did this come from? I shall make it my new home! :shy:

I'm a bibliophile, so lets hit those tomes! First suggestion from me: Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky (shorter than War and Peace, for sure).

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
ooohh, coolies
this is such a cool new forum....good work ms 12 :D:p

pri

HSC
N/A
i started war and peace! im so proud of me

Leanne

HSC
well i'm reading 'kane and abel' by jeffrey archer- its pretty good actually! i've only just started, but i wanted to read a book that wouldn't take too much conentration e.g war and peace...and wonder if i'd ever finish it!!!

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
personally i really enjoy fantasy novels.. lol... yep ima closet dork! but i dont really have much time to read as amny books as i used to.. yeh... excuses excuses...

SimpaticO

Happy Man
This is great, I love books and reading in general and am usually made an outcast because of it! Now I have a sanctuary to discuss my number one hobby with those who love the same thing. Thanks so much, this was such a great idea!

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
errrrr/................ okai! so we all agreed that we wanna read, we wanna discuss... blah blah blah....
but err.... what has happened? where has everyone gone?.... so what book have we actually agreed on reading?!!?!??!

Ursula-Sama

HSC
N/A
i think this forum is a great idea, novel suggestions and such, but....umm...may be change novels to poetry, since its soo much more classical and enjoyable, and kinda short. i'm in love with Lord Bryon's poetry, so dark and mysterious.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
* hey just wondering have any book actually been read together? like have u guyz decided on a book and all read and discussed ... just wondering

magicturtle

hey

Hey...again. lol. Im a newbie and i thought this looked like a good forum to saunter into. As i cant really saunter in real life...

Im really enjoying Clive barker at the moment. In an author way....

I just finished reading "The great and secret Show" and im very much in love...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)