Year 11 2013 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
My friend's older brother said its like 2 HSC's however its meant to be easier to cope with

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Saying farewell to my decent marks I usually get in exams. First exam half yearly period I did not feel confident at all.

rachael96

HSC
Hey guys, im in year 11 & currently we're doing the topic of "CHANGE"

We have exams coming up and we've been asked to find a support text and relate its aspects of change to the selected poems we have learnt in class :\
My teacher has been very unhelpful and im incredibly confused!
I've come across a poem called "Feliks Skrzynecki" and ive discovered that it talks about many aspects of change. However, im not sure if i can relate it to any of the poems that i have studied in class. The poems we have studied include "Loch Ard Gorge" "Harry Wood" "An Absolutely Ordinary Rainbow" "Widower in the country" and "Last of his tribe"
Can someone please let me know if any of these poems would relate to "Feliks Skrzynecki" in terms of change.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!!!!

enoilgam

HSC
woah man, seriously? what other support text can i use then? fml
I think Kurosaki has a point, I wouldnt use a HSC text for year 11. Try thinking of a movie, TV show or book you really like which has to do with change. The topic of change is fairly universal and the vast majority of texts do have themes related to change in some way. If you write about a text you like, chances are you it will be of a higher quality - since you enjoy it, often times it is easier to write about (my best work in english definitely came when I was writing about my related texts because I enjoyed them).

rachael96

HSC
I think Kurosaki has a point, I wouldnt use a HSC text for year 11. Try thinking of a movie, TV show or book you really like which has to do with change. The topic of change is fairly universal and the vast majority of texts do have themes related to change in some way. If you write about a text you like, chances are you it will be of a higher quality - since you enjoy it, often times it is easier to write about (my best work in english definitely came when I was writing about my related texts because I enjoyed them).
Hmmm, i understand where you're coming from. But is it completely not allowed for a hsc text to be used as prelim or is it just wise to avoid it? I dont know any texts that i enjoy and further, i dont know how i would ever be able to link it back to the poems ive studied.
With Feliks, in relation to Harry Wood, i could talk about resistance to change/attempt at stasis as the father's not learning english and attempts to keep culture in son. and in relation to Loch Ard Gorge, i wanna explore the idea “perceptions of people can be changed by looking at the past”.

enoilgam

HSC
Hmmm, i understand where you're coming from. But is it completely not allowed for a hsc text to be used as prelim or is it just wise to avoid it? I dont know any texts that i enjoy and further, i dont know how i would ever be able to link it back to the poems ive studied.
With Feliks, in relation to Harry Wood, i could talk about resistance to change/attempt at stasis as the father's not learning english and attempts to keep culture in son. and in relation to Loch Ard Gorge, i wanna explore the idea “perceptions of people can be changed by looking at the past”.
I'm not sure if it is completely not allowed, but it's a risk in any event and I probably would steer clear of it. Surely you must have a favourite movie/book/TV show right?

rachael96

HSC
I'm not sure if it is completely not allowed, but it's a risk in any event and I probably would steer clear of it. Surely you must have a favourite movie/book/TV show right?
its been suggested not to do films or tv shows. fav book - the fault in our stars, john green
if you dont mind me asking, why is it risky to do a hsc set text?

enoilgam

HSC
its been suggested not to do films or tv shows. fav book - the fault in our stars, john green
if you dont mind me asking, why is it risky to do a hsc set text?
Why cant you use film or TV shows (is your prescribed text one of these). In year 12, you are told not to use related texts which are studied in other modules (I am not 100% sure, but I think you get marked down for it).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)