Year 11 2013 Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

mrs_missile

HSC
Compare waves in a rope to those in the spring. Can a compression wave be sent down
the rope? Why or why not?

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
I don't think so- a compression wave is when the medium particles move back and forth parallel to the direction of propagation. so unless ur rope is like a slinky, and can be compressed, i dont think so? Can anyone confirm?

enoilgam

HSC
If you have a subject specific question, try making a thread in the appropriate forum - this thread is more for miscellaneous school chatter.

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
102 replies already.... my post barely had 23 and it had heaps of notes in there which could help alot of people... lol.

Draco

HSC
Getting used to free periods... but there are days where I have both period 0's and period 6's and those days are just... murder. :(

Acid Rain

HSC
Getting used to free periods... but there are days where I have both period 0's and period 6's and those days are just... murder. :(
Well at least you have free periods I don't have any :mad:

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Nice =P. on the day I have period 0, i can leave school at 12:30pm XD. gotta love that timetabling :). How's everyone finding school now that the initial shock has worn off lol?

deloving

HSC
Nice =P. on the day I have period 0, i can leave school at 12:30pm XD. gotta love that timetabling :). How's everyone finding school now that the initial shock has worn off lol?
No initial shock. It's all normal. Just more freedom and more work.

tonynho

HSC
No initial shock for me, just an increase in the amount of homework and content difficulty. But so far, it's heaps of fun! What is everyone doing for English Ext? We just started gothic horror literature, and it seems very promising :D

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
No initial shock for me, just an increase in the amount of homework and content difficulty. But so far, it's heaps of fun! What is everyone doing for English Ext? We just started gothic horror literature, and it seems very promising :D
Were doing horror. Were going to read Dracula and watch Psycho haha. I like EE1 better than Adv so far. :)

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
I do Texts, culture and stuff, which means i get to read Utopia, 1984 and watch Gattaca . Should be interesting, although we're focusing mainly of Area of Study: identity, and we have to do T.S Eliot's poems.

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
I do Texts, culture and stuff, which means i get to read Utopia, 1984 and watch Gattaca . Should be interesting, although we're focusing mainly of Area of Study: identity, and we have to do T.S Eliot's poems.
lol your AOS sounds better than ours which is Journeys fml

Draco

HSC
Oh ummm, in adv. we're doing journies which is fine and broad enough so that I could pick 'a game of thrones' and 'to kill a mockingbird as my two related texts without a hitch. ;)

ext. we're... not doing all that much. We're reading 'heart of darkness' and looking at terms associated with colonialisation, post-colonialisation and generally theorists and their works. =)

Ally2014

HSC
Agreed! Modern history was so horrible, so did maths instead. Now that's saying something.

Draco

HSC
I doubt i'd do modern, all that really interests me there is feudal Japan and medieval/dark ages (though iirc I think ancient can even cover that!).

I'm doing maths ext. 1 because the actual class-work is pretty okay (I have a good friend to work with so it makes it rather fun and productive) and i'd like to leave school with a certificate of maths ext. 1 as it makes life after the HSC a lot easier. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)