Year 11 2013 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Erique

Writ in water
HSC
Our school doesn't even have double periods anymore :p
Why is that?

Does anyone else here have Modern History and absolutely dreads it? I was considering taking it with me into the HSC and dropping Ancient but apparently I'll be dropping Modern.

tonynho

HSC
Why is that?

Does anyone else here have Modern History and absolutely dreads it? I was considering taking it with me into the HSC and dropping Ancient but apparently I'll be dropping Modern.
I'm not liking it, our teacher doesn't teach us anything. He tell us to research "The World at the Turn of the 20th Century", and does not even help us. He believes that students should be able to teach themselves... It may sound kind of true, but no one could be bothered to wait 20 minutes until they found like one piece of information. I miss textbook work :( But Ancient is going good, except that my teacher had to be a bitch and cut Egypt from the prelim course :(

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Why is that?

Not too sure. We just stopped having them when I got to year 8 :)

Troller

Lol
HSC
You guys are all lucky that your school has Free Periods, My school just Adapted some IB subject for the HSC People who Don't do both extension Maths and English therefore No free Periods for anyone unless they do a correspondence course.

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
Why is that?

I do both modern and ancient and I love ancient. I look forward to that class (I rarely say this lol) whereas I dread modern. I love the subject and the topic that were doing which is the Civil Rights Movement but my teacher is boring af and just kills the subject.

Troller

Lol
HSC
How many hours a day does everyone study? Personally I study 5.5-6.5 hours a day. Most of the time is taken up by business and maths lol.

deloving

HSC
How many hours a day does everyone study? Personally I study 5.5-6.5 hours a day. Most of the time is taken up by business and maths lol.
Wow... but then again, you have a lot to do this year, doing 14 units while accelerating 2 subjects (so that's like 18 units in one year, heh)...

Verify

HSC
3 hours which includes both homework and studying.

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
What are you crazy

I dont even study at home. I do all my homework during my frees lol but i sometimes study but only like an hour or so. Nothing big hahaha. Dont know if i should study more though.

Troller

Lol
HSC
Sleep is optional!

define study first lol. Do you mean actual note making, past papers, etc or is that including hw and stuff?
This is excluding Homework lol, and yes Note making and past papers

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)