Status
Not open for further replies.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you just... like... make dot points from textbook? :|

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
The syllabus will be your best friend from now on-make notes based on syllabus dot points-because all your exam questions will be extracted from syllabus dot points. Sometimes making summaries based on textbook information can be ineffective as textbooks includes unnecessary information, sometimes as a result of the author's personal interest.

studynerd

HSC
The syllabus will be your best friend from now on-make notes based on syllabus dot points-because all your exam questions will be extracted from syllabus dot points. Sometimes making summaries based on textbook information can be ineffective as textbooks includes unnecessary information, sometimes as a result of the author's personal interest.
So make one dot point your title and just make notes on it?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
So make one dot point your title and just make notes on it?
Essentially, the dot points will be like 'titles' or 'subheadings' and you make notes to answer that dot point. Make sure you pay particular attention to the verb of the dot point, i.e. 'evaluate', 'analyse', 'outline', the verb will indicate how detail your notes should be for that dot point. There is a glossary of key exam verbs and definitions on the board of studies website to assist you in the interpretation of these verbs. Make sure you are making CONCISE, COMPLETE AND COHERENT notes, there is no point in writing all you know about the subject because you will spend unnecessary time memorising and understanding the unimportant stuff along with the important stuff. Practice makes perfect. It is just the start that is difficult, once you get started, you will get used to it and become better at it over time:)

williamdaft

HSC
Good morning everyone :)
I woke up at 4am this morning and had to finish maths homework :(
wow, good job for being dedicated to wake up so early for school work! I remember doing something like that once. But it seems the only legit reason for waking up so early is probs you procrastinated a few days before in certain subjects lol... I hope to get 8 hours sleep each day and finish all work/ and enjoy uni life during the day.

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
wow, good job for being dedicated to wake up so early for school work! I remember doing something like that once. But it seems the only legit reason for waking up so early is probs you procrastinated a few days before in certain subjects lol... I hope to get 8 hours sleep each day and finish all work/ and enjoy uni life during the day.
No i didn't procrastinate , i had loads of chemistry homework last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)