Year 11 2014 Chat :) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axio

=o
HSC
i want to press that pay button on ebay...but at the same time im shitting myself cos idk what to tell my parents when it arrives.....I OVERTHINK THINGS D: a normal person would just press the button and be like yay i bought that item..then theres me who goes through every possible scenario of what could happen, thinking of what to say if my parents ask what it is, wondering if i could pull this off without getting into trouble...GMAPDJKEDKNOJSODAXJZ >.< D;
Sounds like something I'd do... What you buying?

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Well we are born into this society we don't have any other choice. We either conform and achieve "success" in this society or don't conform and become a complete "loser".
We do - we are all brought up as individuals that are different to one another: why should we all conform to the expectations of society ? Is it not enough to have substantial morals and ethics that respect society and its beliefs ? Or must we all be indifferent and act in a way which does not promote self expression just to conform to what society expects us as individuals to be ? I also don't believe conforming to society and its beliefs promotes success, it just promotes indifference - as individuals conform as they fear judgment.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
i want to press that pay button on ebay...but at the same time im shitting myself cos idk what to tell my parents when it arrives.....I OVERTHINK THINGS D: a normal person would just press the button and be like yay i bought that item..then theres me who goes through every possible scenario of what could happen, thinking of what to say if my parents ask what it is, wondering if i could pull this off without getting into trouble...GMAPDJKEDKNOJSODAXJZ >.< D;
What are you buying lol

turntaker

HSC
We do - we are all brought up as individuals that are different to one another: why should we all conform to the expectations of society ? Is it not enough to have substantial morals and ethics that respect society and its beliefs ? Or must we all be indifferent and act in a way which does not promote self expression just to conform to what society expects us as individuals to be ? I also don't believe conforming to society and its beliefs promotes success, it just promotes indifference - as individuals conform as they fear judgment.
Come on.. you know that we say we want to be different to everyone else but we all end up doing the same thing in life. And you sound like you are writing an essay....

Last edited:

Axio

=o
HSC
Here comes another 'to what extent' belonging essay :/

rawrliongirl

HSC
What are you buying lol
Sounds like something I'd do... What you buying?
hehe something ik my parents wouldnt appreciate me buying, nor would they allow me to buy it in the first place which is why im so stressed :p
im buying some..tapers...and plugs....and.....i kinda already clicked commit to buy...like 5 days ago without realising...so i have to pay anyway...im just scared what'll happen when it actually gets delivered. i sort of pestered the poor seller asking all sorts of questions like what packaging it came in and whether there was any labelling on the packaging or anything like that...
im just scared about what will happen when the delivery man gets here..im scared my mum will open the package..or there will be some hint as to what i bought somewhere on the outside of the package that will give it away...

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Come on.. you know that we say we want to be different to everyone else but we all end up doing the same thing in life.
We all seek success, passion and happiness. I'm not saying that individuals do not share common goals, but what I am saying is that the difference between individuals exist in the manner in which they seek out, pursue and achieve these common goals - this manner is a reflection of unique traits possessed by an individual and that is what we cannot deny and hence, justifies my point that not all people must conform to social norms to 'do the same thing in life'

turntaker

HSC
hehe something ik my parents wouldnt appreciate me buying, nor would they allow me to buy it in the first place which is why im so stressed :p
im buying some..tapers...and plugs....and.....i kinda already clicked commit to buy...like 5 days ago without realising...so i have to pay anyway...im just scared what'll happen when it actually gets delivered. i sort of pestered the poor seller asking all sorts of questions like what packaging it came in and whether there was any labelling on the packaging or anything like that...
im just scared about what will happen when the delivery man gets here..im scared my mum will open the package..or there will be some hint as to what i bought somewhere on the outside of the package that will give it away...
are you emo

Axio

=o
HSC
Why don't you try to organise a 'family shopping trip' for the day they arrive and then at the last minute say you need to stay at home to do an assignment...

turntaker

HSC
We all seek success, passion and happiness. I'm not saying that individuals do not share common goals, but what I am saying is that the difference between individuals exist in the manner in which they seek out, pursue and achieve these common goals - this manner is a reflection of unique traits possessed by an individual and that is what we cannot deny and hence, justifies my point that not all people must conform to social norms to 'do the same thing in life'
okay from now you can write my essays for me :) haha

I think people should just be what they want and whatever they think is normal. But still we can't change the society we will live in and its just how it is.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
okay from now you can write my essays for me :) haha

I think people should just be what they want and whatever they think is normal. But still we can't change the society we will live in and its just how it is.
We can't and never should change the perceptions and beliefs of others - let alone that of society, and yes: people should live as they please - disregarding the preconceived ideas and ideals held by modern society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)