Year 11 2014 Chat :) (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Hey everyone, I hope u guys are doing well in ur studies:)

I've just got a question. Do my subjects for year 11/12 scale well and can I achieve 99.95 with them?

English Advanced
Maths extension 2
Chemistry
Physics
French continuers and extension

DLMisme

HSC

I've just got a question. Do my subjects for year 11/12 scale well and can I achieve 99.95 with them?

English Advanced
Maths extension 2
Chemistry
Physics

I'm sure you've heard this before, you can achieve any ATAR with any subject combination. Those subjects scale pretty good, but I suggest you wait and see how you go with MX1 in year 11 before you definitely decide to do MX2.

Last edited:

studynerd

HSC

English Advanced
Maths extension 2
Chemistry
Physics

Do you go to a fairly high ranked school? Because attaining a 99.95 is extreamly challenging at a low ranked school. Your internal school marks are much harder to get up at lower school, it's just a little bit, but it counts... especially for getting that 99.95..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Mike H

HSC
Uni Grad
I quite much failed Year 11. Studied Adv. Eng, Chem, Phys, Math Ext.1, SSD and Construction Man.

Great to see such optimism people on BoS, you'll be successful one day. Don't fail like I did.

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Do you go to a fairly high ranked school? Because attaining a 99.95 is extreamly challenging at a low ranked school. Your internal school marks are much harder to get up at lower school, it's just a little bit, but it counts... especially for getting that 99.95..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
I go to a top 10 ranked school. Does that make it easier to get 99.95?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I go to a top 10 ranked school. Does that make it easier to get 99.95?
No, 80 or 85 atar probably would be easier.,, but not 99.95.

You still need to work extremely hard. Only a handful of people get 99.95.

spatula232

HSC
Wowowow why is everyone working so hard already? :(
The way I see it is that if i stay on top of everything I get now, there'll be no reason to have to re-learn it all. Then writing study notes for me helps jog my memory :)

J280

HSC
Is anyone spending more than 2 hours per day on just one subject on some days? Or is it just me? ;__________;

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Hawkrider I am proud of your English progression

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Hawkrider I am proud of your English progression
Haha, not really. Today at Delta I discovered a flaw. I find it very hard to express myself concisely on explaining what the meaning is when analysing texts. I just find it so disheartening how no matter how much I try to think, nothing comes to my head. Even more depressing is fact that I don't have a knack for English as I do not have that 'outside of the box' thinking which is needed in order to do well. Shows that I'm a long way from achieving a band 6 in English. :(

liamlolz

HSC
Is anyone spending more than 2 hours per day on just one subject on some days? Or is it just me? ;__________;
Yes. Maths always does and sometimes physics.

Dying of heat here which is making studying almost impossible.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

spatula232

HSC
Yeah maths a bit. Normally I have a double maths (period 1 and 6), with a study in between which I do maths and then another hour or more at home. Circle geo is so much though...

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Haha, not really. Today at Delta I discovered a flaw. I find it very hard to express myself concisely on explaining what the meaning is when analysing texts. I just find it so disheartening how no matter how much I try to think, nothing comes to my head. Even more depressing is fact that I don't have a knack for English as I do not have that 'outside of the box' thinking which is needed in order to do well. Shows that I'm a long way from achieving a band 6 in English. :(
You're going to get better at this, it's only year 11. Relax. If you're getting stressed about it, you're going to have even more trouble with explaining yourself better. I was in the same position as you in year 11 and you improve so much in the course of 2 years. Seriously. You don't need "outside of the box" thinking to do well in English. You need to sharpen your analysis skills and be concise and articulate your ideas well :) Don't worry, if I showed you some of my analyses from year 11, you would probably die laughing. They were that bad LOL

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
This is me for maths. I get so stressed when I can't solve a question to the the point that it becomes tied with my personal happiness and well being.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
This is me for maths. I get so stressed when I can't solve a question to the the point that it becomes tied with my personal happiness and well being.
Wow, that's serious attachment:), if you find a question is too hard, try to leave it for a while and come back to do a second or third attempt with a fresh mind and energised spirit:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)