Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyRain

HSC
Average day at school for me. Felt a bit down in free period :(

Lavistria

HSC
guys what maths ext1 textbook do you guys use? Using the Cambridge and I will admit, it's definitely challenging.
Maths just got even more intense. My daily routine is only about maths, the things I do for maths

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
guys what maths ext1 textbook do you guys use? Using the Cambridge and I will admit, it's definitely challenging.
Maths just got even more intense. My daily routine is only about maths, the things I do for maths
my school is currently using maths in focus ext 1

authenticity

Povo Child
HSC
We're using Jones and Couchman :( The textbook looks really easy. I don't know why my school won't use Cambridge :(

I97

HSC
My school uses Maths in Focus but I also use the Cambridge one and it is much more challenging especially with the 3 categories of questions.

Examine

same
HSC
We're using Jones and Couchman :( The textbook looks really easy. I don't know why my school won't use Cambridge :(
When I asked my teacher why we used Maths in Focus as a primary textbook for the school instead of Cambridge (we usually brought our Cambridge textbooks and for those who didn't have one she photocopied sheets for them) she said it was to cater for all of the 3u cohort. (since we go to a comprehensive school and Cambridge is relatively difficult for quite a lot of students, it wasn't seen as appropriate)

Hmm my school also used Couchman from time to time. Yeah it's pretty easy though it does explain concepts well so that's a plus.

Audranda

HSC
We're currently using the Cambridge 3u textbook + Coroneos for 2u.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
We're using Maths in focus extension 1 but our teacher recommended excel, I have Cambridge tho

Audranda

HSC
How do you find the combination of the textbooks? Like do you like the combination?
The Cambridge maths textbook is pretty good - fairly challenging.

I'm not sure about Coroneos though - the other 2u classes have the Coroneos textbooks (however there has been a shortage, due to an influx of 2u students this year). Our substitute teacher so far has just been giving us the early exercises of the Cambridge 3u textbook.

studynerd

HSC
What text does everyone use for chemistry?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)