Year 11 2014 Chat :) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadySteele

HSC
Does anyone have any study tips that they find helpful, for any subject??? I don't know how to approach my mid-year exams!!
thanks

rawrliongirl

HSC
agah i just passed my chem exam :/ got 48/80 :'( absolutely appalling :( I need to work harder from now on...

flyingmwa

HSC
agah i just passed my chem exam :/ got 48/80 :'( absolutely appalling :( I need to work harder from now on...
Positives: you passed, you tried ur best (hopefully), taught u a lesson to try harder

Lessons: try harder next time, use a different technique

So from every failure (even though you didnt fail) you will learn something new.

What you must do now: Ace the next one!

I believe in ya buddy! :)

flyingmwa

HSC
GUYS I AM DONATING BLOOD TODAY
I have mixed reactions to the whole thing! Am excited, nervous, FREAKED OUT about the fact that a fat needle is gonna be in my body for a good 15 minutes.
Only doing it to save 3 lives.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I have mixed reactions to the whole thing! Am excited, nervous, FREAKED OUT about the fact that a fat needle is gonna be in my body for a good 15 minutes.
Don't look at the blood seeping out otherwise you'll pass out haha!

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Good on you for donating.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

rawrliongirl

HSC
currently sitting awkwardly as a loner at the library near my school waiting for my mum to pick me up.... i didnt want to catch my bus today to avoid prev crush....plus my bus is always ridiculously packed full of people..must find another bus.
how was everyone's day? I had a free double period and i had double sport T_T got to start school at 9 today cos i dont do extension maths anymore! xD

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
what why?
The fact that there are those students who seem to understand the information and absorb it easily meaning that they do little or no study and still get great results.

Whereas for mortals like me, I take longer to grasp the concepts and when I revise for hours I get mediocre results.

Essentially, I'm saying why can't I be smart when I'm already dumb. :(

macrazy

HSC
The fact that there are those students who seem to understand the information and absorb it easily meaning that they do little or no study and still get great results.

Whereas for mortals like me, I take longer to grasp the concepts and when I revise for hours I get mediocre results.

Habe you tried adjusting the way you're study and approach new work? And taking longer to understand something doesn't mean that you're dumb, I'm sure you are perfectly capable to do whatever it is that you want because from what I've read on here you're a really hard worker :)

rawrliongirl

HSC

aw :( i feel the same way. I envy those people who do so well and then say that they didnt even study, yet they consistently get good results. they seem to just understand it straight away and then theres me who is usually lost most of the time.
a lot of the time, i study my butt off and still do crap in most subjects, like I rarely get over 75% anymore. that's sort of why I lost motivation and give up, because in the past I used to try so hard and I still got shitty results for most of my subjects.

rawrliongirl

HSC

aw :( i feel the same way. I envy those people who do so well and then say that they didnt even study, yet they consistently get good results. they seem to just understand it straight away and then theres me who is usually lost most of the time.
a lot of the time, i study my butt off and still do crap in most subjects, like I rarely get over 75% anymore. that's sort of why I lost motivation and give up, because in the past I used to try so hard and I still got shitty results for most of my subjects.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Habe you tried adjusting the way you're study and approach new work? And taking longer to understand something doesn't mean that you're dumb, I'm sure you are perfectly capable to do whatever it is that you want because from what I've read on here you're a really hard worker :)
Yeah, I've been reformating the way I learn and study so hopefully this will work in my favour for term 3 exams.

But the thing is... There's like this insurmountable mountain I cannot climb over because I'm held back by my lack of confidence accumulated from my poor results. Idk why, but there is.

macrazy

HSC
Yeah, I've been reformating the way I learn and study so hopefully this will work in my favour for term 3 exams.

But the thing is... There's like this insurmountable mountain I cannot climb over because I'm held back by my lack of confidence accumulated from my poor results. Idk why, but there is.
I hope it works out then :) and I know the feeling of the lack of confidence - sometimes it can be really hard to break free of the expectations that you have of yourself and even what others think you are capable of, but try to use those results as motivation to improve rather than as a reason to doubt yourself

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)