Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

liamlolz

HSC
Welcome QuantumRoulette.

-----

It's interesting to see how y'all in the HSC do different topics in a different order than me in SA. We don't do calculus until Yr.12 (although many start at end of year 11 if there's enough time). All your topics seem scarier...

turntaker

HSC
Welcome QuantumRoulette.

-----

It's interesting to see how y'all in the HSC do different topics in a different order than me in SA. We don't do calculus until Yr.12 (although many start at end of year 11 if there's enough time). All your topics seem scarier...
We don't do calculus until year 12. Sometimes at the end of year 11 too.

QuantumRoulette

HSC
Welcome QuantumRoulette.

-----

We don't do calculus until year 12. Sometimes at the end of year 11 too.
Thanks liamlolz.

I thought calculus was in the preliminary course (the derivative)?

liamlolz

HSC
Have you guys had your half yearlies yet? I have
Being in SA, our year 11 goes for 4 terms unlike your 3 (I think?), so we haven't yet but have them in a week.

Speaking of them, AHHHHHHH I just realized how much I things I have to study when making a plan. It's time to go into full-on study mode.

Last edited:

Fiction

HSC
Being in SA, our year 11 goes for 4 terms unlike your 3 (I think?), so we haven't yet but have them in a week.

Speaking of them, AHHHHHHH I just realized how much I things I have to study when making a plan. It's time to go into full-on study mode.
wait how does that work? o3o Does your year 12 run for 3 or 4 terms...?

lol almost thought your year 12 went on for two terms haha... I so jelly

Fiction

HSC
too long didn't read all of it, but I usually put the technique before the quote, and synthesise everything to fit into one line because that's what most of the teachers at my school like. i can even give an example if anyone wants any, but I do feel like if you're able to choose your words careful, the sentence should not sound clunky. Worst comes to worse, if the idea you are trying to express is really complicated, you can take another sentence to explain, but generally i find limiting it to one sentence stops me from waffling and wasting time.
Agreed~ My school teaches me the same thing as what you just mentioned c:

Fiction

HSC
too long didn't read all of it, but I usually put the technique before the quote, and synthesise everything to fit into one line because that's what most of the teachers at my school like. i can even give an example if anyone wants any, but I do feel like if you're able to choose your words careful, the sentence should not sound clunky. Worst comes to worse, if the idea you are trying to express is really complicated, you can take another sentence to explain, but generally i find limiting it to one sentence stops me from waffling and wasting time.
Agreed~ My school teaches me the same thing as what you just mentioned. Idk if that's what everyone else is taught (presumably not from kiraken's post), but it has worked for me c:

turntaker

HSC
Can you give an example? We were told to write the quote before the technique.

matchalolz

HSC
Agreed~ My school teaches me the same thing as what you just mentioned. Idk if that's what everyone else is taught (presumably not from kiraken's post), but it has worked for me c:
works for me as well :D haha lol if we go to the same school, but i doubt the chances of that

Fiction

HSC
Thanks for the welcomes guys.

In 3u we are doing extension trig and sequences and series but skipped plane geometry and did coordinate geometry instead (weird order I know).

I've heard that some schools are already up to calculus (derivative) so I was wondering if my school was just slow or something :p

Chemistry: still metals
Physics: Doing the third module electricity in the home
Bio: patterns in nature

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Woah, dude, still pattern in nature...? Isn't that the first topic? o3o I'm up to Evolution of Australian biota...

matchalolz

HSC
Can you give an example? We were told to write the quote before the technique.
sure, here are some excerpts from my heroism essay.

Through the allusion to gods in “the gods often mumble” Atwood challenges the religious values of Homer’s context and mocks their belief in oracles and divine intervention, asserting the religious values of her own cultural context.

The brutal and sadistic nature of the heroic males is expressed through the chorus line of the maids “it gave you pleasure you raised your hand you watched us fall” in which it becomes clear that the males simply abused their power and exploited the women in order to enhance their own heroic image. Furthermore, the repetition of “Blame it on the slaves! Blame it on the sluts!” conveys the men’s unjust treatment towards women as a social and moral flaw in the context of modern society.

sort of get the idea? not sure what other schools learn though, but so far my english teacher hasn't complained about my writing style yet

matchalolz

HSC
Is english ext 1 compulsory for prelim students in your school? :p
nope, but 3/4 of our grade does it anyways! ok confirmed not from the same school :) but i'm guessing yours must be a selective? only advanced english is compulsory at mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)