Year 11 2014 Chat :) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Hey Guys!!

Just wondering. I am currently doing the Preliminary English Advanced course and was contemplating dropping it. Is it worth it? I'm doing ok, my lowest mark is 9/15 out of 4 assessment tasks. What would be better sitting my HSC??

Thankyou!
I'd say - do what you're comfortable with. Yes, standard doesn't scale as well as advanced but if you think that you'd do better in standard: you should drop it. If you enjoy advanced and like the texts for next year - then you should keep it. Also, you should take into account all your subjects - are you doing/will you do extension subjects? Do you need more time to focus on other subjects? If yes, standard is the best option.

Last edited:

pricey97

HSC
I'd say - do what you're comfortable with. Yes, standard doesn't scale as well as advanced but if you think that you'd do better in standard: you should drop it. If you enjoy advanced and the texts for next year - then you should keep it. Also, you should take into account all your subjects - are you doing/will you do extension subjects? Do you need more time to focus on other subjects? If yes, standard is the best option.

OK thank you for the advice!!

Simran-

HSC
Hey :) Great concidering it's a four day weekend for me (had no school Friday) and have gotten lots of work done so far (after weeks of slacking off).

Yours?
That's good to know.
Just when I thought I was done with assessments, I was given 5 assessment tasks this week which also includes a maths exam on functions.. >.<
So basically, my long weekend has been spent going though those assessments and doing a bit of researching on them.
Can't wait till the hols but at the same time don't want to start term 3 :(

flyingmwa

HSC
What are you doing your PIP on? :D
Im working on multiple identities. Like what are the socialization factors causing them to behave differently in front of different people!!

Thanx for asking :)
It wld be great if u cld do my survey! :)

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Im working on multiple identities. Like what are the socialization factors causing them to behave differently in front of different people!!

Thanx for asking :)
It wld be great if u cld do my survey! :)
What's this pip that you and justem keep mentioning?

And what subject is it for?

flyingmwa

HSC
What's this pip that you and justem keep mentioning?

And what subject is it for?
Its for society and culture! (Not sure if you have even heard of the subject lol)
Its a Personal Interest Project (PIP) where you choose a topic you are interested in (relating to adolescents) and you research on the topic with primary and secondary research!

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Its for society and culture! (Not sure if you have even heard of the subject lol)
Its a Personal Interest Project (PIP) where you choose a topic you are interested in (relating to adolescents) and you research on the topic with primary and secondary research!
Of course I've heard of Society and Culture I've got a few friends doing it :D

Seems like a pretty made project :D

QuantumRoulette

HSC
Has anyone done a prac experiment in physics to find the refractive index of a medium? If so any tips on maximizing marks would be helpful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)