Year 11 2014 Chat :) (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matchalolz

HSC
Why wont your school let you do 10? Im going in with 13 I really hope I can handle it haha
they introduced some retarded policy to maximise our marks or some shit lol, I wonder if that's even legal?
omg 13? good luck!! are you doing 4 maths 4 eng?

Stygian

HSC
lol no, I'm a little iffy even with 12 units. School won't let me drop down to 10 and fk no I'm not going to keep eng ext just to be on 11
Your school should not have a say in controlling whether or not you can drop down to 10.

matchalolz

HSC
Your school should not have a say in controlling whether or not you can drop down to 10.
i guess the deputy may let me if I break out in tears and kneel on the floor begging but I'm not that desperate :haha:
besides, I'm not 100% sure on which subject to drop

matchalolz

HSC
Always thought the Asian Five comprised of the Sciences + High Levels of Maths

Wasn't sure about Eco though :/
i thought it was 3 maths, phys, chem, eco and bio (optional though). but i guess no one has really defined it?

flyingmwa

HSC
Yo wassup peeps?

I am having too much fun that I don't even know what day it is today.
Flip out here I come!

mreditor16

HSC
at my school, if you drop down to 10 or 11, you must get a signature from the head teacher of every subject you are currently doing. before they give you the signature, they look at your performance currently and if it is too low, they might strongly encourage you to keep the extra units as a safety net due to poor performance in subject X.

however, despite the warnings and all that, unless you're pretty much last, the head teachers will give you a signature.

after obtaining all these, then you have to go see deputy principal A - and explain your scenario and reasoning for dropping to 10 or 11. and properly discuss any concerns relating to it.... once the DP is fine with it, they will give their signature, and effectively you are now authorised to drop the units you wanted it.

so at my school as an example, although they do not control whether you drop to 10/11, they have a pretty big say. and after intense discussions with some kids, have knocked back a few students, declining to let them drop whatever they want.

whether the school is allowed technically to do this is another matter....

Axio

=o
HSC
at my school, if you drop down to 10 or 11, you must get a signature from the head teacher of every subject you are currently doing. before they give you the signature, they look at your performance currently and if it is too low, they might strongly encourage you to keep the extra units as a safety net due to poor performance in subject X.

however, despite the warnings and all that, unless you're pretty much last, the head teachers will give you a signature.

after obtaining all these, then you have to go see deputy principal A - and explain your scenario and reasoning for dropping to 10 or 11. and properly discuss any concerns relating to it.... once the DP is fine with it, they will give their signature, and effectively you are now authorised to drop the units you wanted it.

so at my school as an example, although they do not control whether you drop to 10/11, they have a pretty big say. and after intense discussions with some kids, have knocked back a few students, declining to let them drop whatever they want.

whether the school is allowed technically to do this is another matter....
lol at my school everyone just drops to 10 units

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
lol at my school everyone just drops to 10 units
A lot of people at my school like the idea of having a safety net

I'm one of the very few "daring" to take on 10 units (depending on whether my application is accepted for extension 2)

Axio

=o
HSC
A lot of people at my school like the idea of having a safety net

I'm one of the very few "daring" to take on 10 units (depending on whether my application is accepted for extension 2)
When do you find out?

matchalolz

HSC
HAHA we are a small but strong community :D

What are your other subjects?
prelim: 3 maths, 3 english, economics, business studies, financial services
hsc: 4 maths, 2 english, economics, business studies, financial services

you?

turntaker

HSC
prelim: 3 maths, 3 english, economics, business studies, financial services
hsc: 4 maths, 2 english, economics, business studies, financial services

you?
Congratz on getting into 4unit lol.. I knew you would.

Btw don't you wanna do comp sci anymore :O? I see you only set your goal as commerce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)