Year 11 Exams (1 Viewer)

potatoman28

HSC
Hi everyone, currently very stressed out as I have not paced my studying right at all and have pretty much screwed up every single term 1 exam I have had till now. My first maths test was worth 30%, and I very nearly failed it, but I want to still do 4 unit maths in year 12. My school only gives 4u math on an invitation basis. Can I still make a comeback; provided I do very well on my next few maths exams? Do you guys have any study tips for being less distracted and more motivated?

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Hi everyone, currently very stressed out as I have not paced my studying right at all and have pretty much screwed up every single term 1 exam I have had till now. My first maths test was worth 30%, and I very nearly failed it, but I want to still do 4 unit maths in year 12. My school only gives 4u math on an invitation basis. Can I still make a comeback; provided I do very well on my next few maths exams? Do you guys have any study tips for being less distracted and more motivated?
If you're gonna start worrying about weightings and all of these different factors that may lead to you not getting invited, I suggest you should end it here because this will NOT take you very far. I think first of all what you should focus on is optimising what you study by pinpointing exactly what you're finding odd about your performance. i.e. if it's silly mistakes that you continually make, it's likely better if you grind out past papers in a timed manner. If it's the harder questions, you should focus on refining your foundations, fill gaps and finally tackle harder questions you could probably find online (as hsc compilations) (or I can find you some and send u them if u want). This is what will differentiate you from your cohort. Not exactly to worker 'harder' persay, rather, to work more critically with purpose by pinpointing your mistakes. Why I think you should not worry about invitations is simply because this will only add to your stress on the day. Stress=overthinking=time wasted during test and prep.

potatoman28

HSC
If you're gonna start worrying about weightings and all of these different factors that may lead to you not getting invited, I suggest you should end it here because this will NOT take you very far. I think first of all what you should focus on is optimising what you study by pinpointing exactly what you're finding odd about your performance. i.e. if it's silly mistakes that you continually make, it's likely better if you grind out past papers in a timed manner. If it's the harder questions, you should focus on refining your foundations, fill gaps and finally tackle harder questions you could probably find online (as hsc compilations) (or I can find you some and send u them if u want). This is what will differentiate you from your cohort. Not exactly to worker 'harder' persay, rather, to work more critically with purpose by pinpointing your mistakes. Why I think you should not worry about invitations is simply because this will only add to your stress on the day. Stress=overthinking=time wasted during test and prep.
Alright thanks, thats very helpful; I will keep it in mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)