Year 11 Subject Selection HELP! (1 Viewer)

ototot

HSC
I am considering doing 3 Unit Maths 3 Unit English Chem Bio Physics for year 11. I definitely am confident with maths and the sciences but not sure about the english. Has anyone had experience with these subjects? How much study is required a day?

anncg

HSC
ha ha ha... LOL
if youre really smart and top notch A+ in yr 10... i think you'll do fine but if you're not... would suggest to reconsider
3Unit maths:
oh boy, you'll be doing 1-3 exercises per day (idk but in my ext class before we did examples for 40mins and 20mins to get through 3 exercises) and when you have period 0 or 4 maths class in a week and the homework piles up... yeah, its like a magical kingdom where you do maths 24/7. i dropped 3Unit cause it was too fast but mainly focus on the 2U stuff more than ext if youre up for it
Chemisty:
lots of sheets be flying everywhere for me.
Bio:
lots and lots and lots of notes. basically everything links together
physics:
boy.. so much formulas and more maths

goodluck thats all i can say XD
but if youre really dedicated into studying and you get decent scores then everything is fine :hat:

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I think 3U Maths is more realistic than 3U English.
English Advanced is really different from Year 7 - 10 English. And English Extension 1 is so abstract that I just get mind-boogled.
So for me, I didn't enjoy English Extension 1, despite being good at it during Year 10, and now I'm just managing passable grades (60%) so I can drop it for Year 12.
2U Maths is super easy. 3U Maths will require you to spend a couple hours every night practising to make sure you finish your homework and keep up to date.
3 Sciences will be very challenging, do-able. But I know a friend of mine who is hardcore in studying and ended up dropping Biology because there is so much content.

Flop21

HSC
The best thing you could do is go and search the syllabus for each subject. Then go to the resource section of here and check out some notes for the subject you're considering. That'll give you a pretty good idea of what you'll be learning. Only you will be able to determine what you like and what you don't like.

And if you enjoy maths and sciences, they look like great subjects for you. Not sure about English, like you said. If you don't really like english, don't do it, but then again - you can always drop it - no big deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)