Year 11 subject selection (2 Viewers)

piethepker

HSC
N/A
Your marks don't get scaled down based on the school you go to, it more or so depends on your cohort. Often, the lower ranked the school is (based on % of B6's), the weaker the cohorts for that particular year.
Ok thanks, so you can't really tell if you are going to get dragged down or not?

photastic

HSC
Ok thanks, so you can't really tell if you are going to get dragged down or not?

Precisely, if you have a very strong cohort, like 85+, the whole cohort will get pushed up as well depending with the gaps between the student above you and below.

A scenario to get dragged down. E.G You are ranked 2. Assume all marks are moderated.
1st student - 85
You - 95
3rd student - 90

Since the HSC marks are divided based on assessment mark (rank) and exam mark (actual mark for the hsc exam)
In this case, you would keep your 95 but keep the 2nd highest mark which is 90, hence on your certificate, you would get a mark of 93 instead of the 95.

Feynman

HSC
I think advanced maths is beyond you man im sorry you should do general

-billiris

HSC
Hey guys, what are the main differences between Legal Studies and Business Studies?

I suck at speeches and oral presentations.. is their many in either of these subjects?

HSC
Do 2 unit. I did eco and really enjoyed it but I'm told business studies is a breeze. Also, biology is very fun but be aware that whilst you'll study some genetics, your school selects your elective subject and it could be genetics (Blueprint of Life) but it might not be.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, what are the main differences between Legal Studies and Business Studies?

I suck at speeches and oral presentations.. is their many in either of these subjects?

Would depend on your school. Legal studies at our school did a speech, business didn't

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
2 unit isn't that difficult, just make sure your algebra is up to scratch though or else you'll get wrecked. Good on you for striving for a field!

anonymous4

HSC
I have to pick my subjects for year 11. I want to gain an ATAR above 95 and I am good at both humanitarian subjects and am considering a science.
I know that I am definitely doing 3 unit maths, 3 unit English, 2 unit studies of religion.

I need help choosing 3 subjects between: economics, business, modern history and chemistry

I was considering business because it would be good with economics and a more east laid back subject considering my subjects are pretty heavy. I'm leaning towards doing something humanitarian like law at uni so I don't really need chemistry but I hear that it gives a high ATAR if you do well. What do you think?

Feynman

HSC
I have to pick my subjects for year 11. I want to gain an ATAR above 95 and I am good at both humanitarian subjects and am considering a science.
I know that I am definitely doing 3 unit maths, 3 unit English, 2 unit studies of religion.

I need help choosing 3 subjects between: economics, business, modern history and chemistry

I was considering business because it would be good with economics and a more east laid back subject considering my subjects are pretty heavy. I'm leaning towards doing something humanitarian like law at uni so I don't really need chemistry but I hear that it gives a high ATAR if you do well. What do you think?
Make your own thread

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
If you can manage it, choose economics instead of business studies, interesting though it may be.

piethepker

HSC
N/A
After a rather difficult process, i have decided on

Adv Eng
Mathematics (Pathway from 5.2)
Chem
Bio
PDHPE
Sor2

I would be doing eco for sor2 but catholic school.

Thanks for all your help with the decision making process.

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
After a rather difficult process, i have decided on

Adv Eng
Mathematics (Pathway from 5.2)
Chem
Bio
PDHPE
Sor2

I would be doing eco for sor2 but catholic school.

Thanks for all your help with the decision making process.
I know this sounds weird but congrats :) best of luck for your senior studies.

piethepker

HSC
N/A
What is Ext 1 Eng like? Contemplating doing ext 1 eng and sor 1 instead of sor 2.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Economics scale way higher than Business Studies, check out the scaling and you'll know. However, half of the ATAR marks are from the assignments/tests at school, and it would be much easier in Business Studies. However, it's your own choice to do a scaling subject or not, but I would prefer Economics than Business Studies. If you look at my signature, I am year 10 too and I have my subject selections below.

You should try 2U maths, I am currently doing 3U as an accelerated course. 2U maths is just applying and remembering, study smarter but not harder. I enjoy commerce to and much more on Law and Crime, if you do too, Economics and Legal Studies are the best choices to go with.

FancyPenguin

HSC
Economics scale way higher than Business Studies, check out the scaling and you'll know. However, half of the ATAR marks are from the assignments/tests at school, and it would be much easier in Business Studies. However, it's your own choice to do a scaling subject or not, but I would prefer Economics than Business Studies. If you look at my signature, I am year 10 too and I have my subject selections below.

You should try 2U maths, I am currently doing 3U as an accelerated course. 2U maths is just applying and remembering, study smarter but not harder. I enjoy commerce to and much more on Law and Crime, if you do too, Economics and Legal Studies are the best choices to go with.
maybe look at the date when the thread was started...

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Personally, doing Business Studies and Economics.

I feel like I'm listening to the same thing in both classes, they correlate with each other.

A lot of Finance-discussion in Economics, I can feel it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)