Year 11 - Wanting to do critique/critical response. (1 Viewer)

OzE Hindu

Hey, I'm still in grade 11 but I'm seriously considering taking 4u English so I can to a critical response. I guess I'm a bit creative, but not creative enough to write poetry or a short story or something. Although, I'm really good at doing writing factual stuff. Do any of you have any documents you can send me? I haven't found any response documents yet. Anyways, with the poetry and short stories, do they actually have to be good or can you just drag on about anything as long as it sounds descriptive and artistic. And with the poetry, do you actually have to make use of poetic techniques? Generally when I write poetry, I just write random stuff and try to make it rhyme. But I don't think that would result in a good mark for Ext2. Also, let me know if you have any knowledge on the format of a critical response. I want to familiarise myself in the way in which it is written before actually committing myself to doin 4u.

coroneos

Originally posted by OzE Hindu
Hey, I'm still in grade 11 but I'm seriously considering taking 4u English so I can to a critical response. I guess I'm a bit creative, but not creative enough to write poetry or a short story or something. Although, I'm really good at doing writing factual stuff. Do any of you have any documents you can send me? I haven't found any response documents yet. Anyways, with the poetry and short stories, do they actually have to be good or can you just drag on about anything as long as it sounds descriptive and artistic. And with the poetry, do you actually have to make use of poetic techniques? Generally when I write poetry, I just write random stuff and try to make it rhyme. But I don't think that would result in a good mark for Ext2. Also, let me know if you have any knowledge on the format of a critical response. I want to familiarise myself in the way in which it is written before actually committing myself to doin 4u.
hmm i recommend you do 3unit ..
4unit is only for the extremely talented

Jinglebell

HSC
Originally posted by OzE Hindu
with the poetry and short stories, do they actually have to be good or can you just drag on about anything as long as it sounds descriptive and artistic
this is an extension two subject. they have to be very good to compare with what the truly talented writers are doing. for example, i read a short story from this year that truly moved me made me not be able to breathe right...that's my idea of great writing, and it doesn't happen very often. in short, there's some bloody brilliant kids doing ext2, so 'dragging on about anything' really aint gonna cut it unless you have some real hidden genius.

Also, let me know if you have any knowledge on the format of a critical response.
a critical response is basically like an extended essay, where you explore the concept of your choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)