Year 11 Workshops (1 Viewer)

HSMLover

HSC
Does anyone know of any year 11 preparation workshops in NSW? I know there are some from tutoring centres and Sydney Uni so if anyone has the links for it please let me know. I'm also interested in Study Workshops and even HSC prep.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: Year 11 Wokshops

TunaFish said:
Alpha Omega Education is offering free preliminary finals preparation workshops at Burwood and Liverpool for many subjects. Maybe you can try that?
Haha - many of my friends found that very good. Especially Chemistry. Economics wasn't so good, though.

bawd

HSC

Aerath said:
Haha - many of my friends found that very good. Especially Chemistry. Economics wasn't so good, though.
I heard it was very basic summaries, especially for the science subjects.

And lol @ title of the thread.

Scinery

HSC

How do i find out more about this alpha omega thing? Nothings googling. i can sit through advertising if theres free chem help xD

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

A google of Alpha Omega would've gotten you this.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

I went to the Alpha Omega Workshops (I've been to the physics one and I'm going to the business one on Friday - which is today - 4:30-9 arrghh).

They provide a pretty good summary of the course, pretty good revision - however it is a bit brief, so you cannot just depend on their notes for the prelim.

Scinery

HSC

Server Default page
If you see this page it means:
1. hosting for this domain is not configured
or
2. there's no such domain registered in Plesk

:(

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC

Aerath said:
I was going to go to one of those because my friends said that it was really good too, but the picture on the front of the pamphlet discouraged me. There was a man holding up his HSC or SC certificate and he got band 3s and 4s ...

Last edited:

zzzz12345

HSC

Has anyone gone to the English Advanced workshop at Alpha-Omega? Some of my friends are going and I don't know if I should join them. The main issue is the fact that I'm not naive enough to believe that they will be looking at the texts that I need to study for my exams and considering its 4.5 hours it would be highly helpful if anyone could tell me if going to the workshop provides any benefit or if I would be better off spending the 4.5 hours studying by myself.

HSC

yes i went to the english one, its taught by the head teacher english at homebush boys.

its really good for exam techniques, answering essays, literacy devices, structuring answers etc.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

Doctor Jolly said:
I was going to go to one of those because my friends said that it was really good too, but the picture on the front of the pamphlet discouraged me. There was a man holding up his HSC or SC certificate and he got band 3s and 4s ...
Yeah, I don't think going to these things will significantly change someone's mark. It mainly just helps refresh your memory and allows you to see your weaknesses and what areas you need to study and focus on (however you'll have to do that yourself - they don't do it for you). But yeah - I went, because it was free, and I had nothing better to do on a Friday afternoon.

TunaFish

HSC

zzzz12345 said:
Has anyone gone to the English Advanced workshop at Alpha-Omega? Some of my friends are going and I don't know if I should join them. The main issue is the fact that I'm not naive enough to believe that they will be looking at the texts that I need to study for my exams and considering its 4.5 hours it would be highly helpful if anyone could tell me if going to the workshop provides any benefit or if I would be better off spending the 4.5 hours studying by myself.
It was alright. We had a lot of fun... though I don't think I learnt anything new.
But excellent notes. You should get 2 booklets, one is named "Deconstructing texts", and I can't remember the other...
Our teacher was Aisha, if I remember correctly (Don't hold your breath). She explained things very thoroughly and related the theory to movies such as The Dark Knight, etc.
It was worth the time.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Oh wow, they got notes? Time to steal notes off my friends. :p

HSMLover

HSC
yes i went to the alpha-omega one and they were good but they rushed through a lot and economics didn't have many questions to answer...

are there any other ones you know of?

L

lsam

HSMLover said:
yes i went to the alpha-omega one and they were good but they rushed through a lot and economics didn't have many questions to answer...

are there any other ones you know of?
I went to Matrix, Prior and other random colleges.

The progress was so slow for all colleges. So I stopped going.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
HSMLover said:
Does anyone know of any year 11 preparation workshops in NSW? I know there are some from tutoring centres and Sydney Uni so if anyone has the links for it please let me know. I'm also interested in Study Workshops and even HSC prep.
heres the sydney uni one: edassist - http://www.edassist.com.au

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)