Year 12 2013 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Re: Year 11 2012 Chit Chat Thread

(referring to part i.) normally when solving acosx + bsinx, you usually put it in the form of Rcos(x-a) for the coeficients of cosx and sinx to be in same sign, therefore solving the angle is easier when it's in the first quadrant i.e. under 90 degrees. Cambridge is just making you to do the other way with Rcos(x+a) so you get angles in either the 2nd, 3rd or 4th quadrants. They all lead to the same answer, however I guess they are trying to get you to realise what would happen if you change the signs?

I actually haven't done the 2E homework lol, so correct if I'm wrong

Last edited:

Thief

!!
HSC

Hmm okay then.. lol don't worry I figured it out.

Leviathan96

HSC

Prelims start tomorrow.... gg English.
Haven't studied at all. Haven't remembered quotes or supplementary texts. Still on the internet. What the f am I doing. Ah. What. No. Fine. Bye.

wildchild666

HSC

Prelims start tomorrow.... gg English.
Haven't studied at all. Haven't remembered quotes or supplementary texts. Still on the internet. What the f am I doing. Ah. What. No. Fine. Bye.
no, stay. fail plz

sonicsymph

HSC
well im sitting in bio class here and am waiting for a graph to get checked, good times
i just joined by the way (if you cant tell) so whats good?

Jikky

HSC
Quick question: What happens if I do terribly in a 2U assessment task and decide to drop to General, would those marks be counted towards my ATAR? Or would something else happen? :)

deswa1

HSC
No. If you drop to general, then only marks within general count.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
lol got marks and shit for ICAS maths. I lost 1 or 2 marks from silly mistakes. Quite surprised that I still managed what I did rofl. If only I hadn't of made them sillies lol.....

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
lol got marks and shit for ICAS maths. I lost 1 or 2 marks from silly mistakes. Quite surprised that I still managed what I did rofl. If only I hadn't of made them sillies lol.....
Aren't medals for people with a perfect score? I thought in primary school the only opportunities for those were through full marks. Also, how'd you go for AMC (can pm if you want). I think there's definitely a chance for you to be invited to the AMO for 2013 if you performed well above. :) This of course, leads to invitations on camps and selections to IMO.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Aren't medals for people with a perfect score? I thought in primary school the only opportunities for those were through full marks. Also, how'd you go for AMC (can pm if you want). I think there's definitely a chance for you to be invited to the AMO for 2013 if you performed well above. :) This of course, leads to invitations on camps and selections to IMO.
Nah I didn't get full marks for ICAS. The medal is awarded to the highest score in the state, not necessarily full marks (evident by me). Like I said, my score wasn't anything spectacular.

I also did quite few sillies in the AMC unfortunately, lost 11 marks from them in fact. Cost me a HD, but oh well. I'm going to have a talk to my teachers anyway.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Nah I didn't get full marks for ICAS. The medal is awarded to the highest score in the state, not necessarily full marks (evident by me). Like I said, my score wasn't anything spectacular.

I also did quite few sillies in the AMC unfortunately, lost 11 marks from them in fact. Cost me a HD, but oh well. I'm going to have a talk to my teachers anyway.
Definitely ask around and try out for AMO. Costed yourself eleven marks but still got HD, it doesn't really matter to be honest. Just give AMO a go if you can - i got offered it this year even though I'm not that stellar in maths though I was sick and missed it. I reckon it's definitely worth giving a shot to experience something new.

Capt Rifle

HSC

I am, I'm in legal rejocing because I got rank 1 based on the assignment ! I posted it in the assessment thread :)
Ohhh Step back big guy haha !!! hey Chris!

Remember to make your assignments flawless lol

Dr Awkward

HSC
N/A
I just dropped chemistry and feel like I just took a huge dump. It was glorious.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
I just dropped chemistry and feel like I just took a huge dump. It was glorious.
Just dropped Extension 1 Maths and felt the same way.

It's weird though to see Year 10's this year doing half the things that are in the 2 Unit course for Year 11, damn the School Certificate :/

Girls

HSC
Likewise for physics. Was so keen for another easy 2 units of maths... lol jks it was like the history of scientists. I regret every day not doing modern history instead.

I am the Law

HSC

Spiritual being you are so intelligent!!

Btw what do you mean by 1rd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)