• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 8-11 Selective Result Discussion (3 Viewers)

ZakaryJayNicholls

HSC
Uni Grad
and like also most ppl that I know of who attend selective schools don’t pursue music as a career so as far as ik musical talent n extra curricular isnt rlly necessary
I attended an academic selective school and did Music2/Extension Music, of the 12 people in my Music2 class, about half are now professional musicians or musical directors.
Including one who up until recently was a Choral Scholar and then Lay Clerk with the Choir of King’s College at Cambridge.
There are about another half dozen from my year (182 people) who were not in music who are now musicians as well.
A lot of smart people really like music and seem to be able to make it work.

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
I attended an academic selective school and did Music2/Extension Music, of the 12 people in my Music2 class, about half are now professional musicians or musical directors.
Including one who up until recently was a Choral Scholar and then Lay Clerk with the Choir of King’s College at Cambridge.
There are about another half dozen from my year (182 people) who were not in music who are now musicians as well.
A lot of smart people really like music and seem to be able to make it work.
Did u go conservatorium

Sir Jigger II

HSC
If unsuccessful letters are coming, it will be most likely tmrw or day after but also same with email. They may not send all emails at once yk.

Sir Jigger II

HSC
yeah😭😭 i was confused at first then i was like it was probably a mistake
Hey Windows, U applied other schools and fort was ur third choice right. If so, you will most likely get ur results after some time after everyone who applied for it first. Not neccesarilly meaning u are unsuccessful though.

windows64

HSC
Hey Windows, U applied other schools and fort was ur third choice right. If so, you will most likely get ur results after some time after everyone who applied for it first. Not neccesarilly meaning u are unsuccessful though.
yeah that makes sense

windows64

HSC
If unsuccessful letters are coming, it will be most likely tmrw or day after but also same with email. They may not send all emails at once yk.
i think they should only send letters for successful candidates and emails for unsuccessful ones bc getting a letter is a bigger deal and if u get rejected its more depressing, whereas if its by email it just seems like its less big of a deal

watermelon00F

HSC
i think they should only send letters for successful candidates and emails for unsuccessful ones bc getting a letter is a bigger deal and if u get rejected its more depressing, whereas if its by email it just seems like its less big of a deal
im pretty sure for girra theyre sending letters for both acceptance and rejection 🫠

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)