Yet another UAI estimation thread. (1 Viewer)

Shakugan

HSC
Though this forum is probably sick and tired of UAI estimation threads, I would appreciate it if you all could bear with me for a moment and take the time to predict the UAI of one more apprehensive student.

Chemistry: 94/100

Physics: 92/100

Engineering Studies: 92/100

English Advanced: 80/100

Extension 1 Mathematics: 71/100
Note: This test was absolutely brutal, the average was around 30/100. The second highest mark was 42/100.

Extension 2 Mathematics: 65/100
Note: No excuse for this one, didn't study enough I suppose.

These are all raw marks. I am hoping that I will be able to lift my English mark to around 85 or so and significantly increase my raw marks in Extension 1 and 2 maths.

By the way, how exactly do you go about this process of UAI estimation?

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
definitely above 90 at the rate youre going.

Shakugan

HSC
What level of raw marks in the extension 1 and 2 courses are required to get an aligned mark that is over 90? I am aware that these alignments have no bearing on the UAI, but I am trying to create a realistic UAI prediction through SAM (which uses aligned marks,no?).

I was rather suprised to find that a raw mark of low 70s in English correlates to an aligned mark in the 80s. I have been worried that my English performance would drag my UAI down. If I do infact get a raw English mark of approximately 80, could I expect an aligned mark in the high 80s? I could of course be completely incorrect in this assumption.

I am aiming for a UAI of over 95, do I have a chance?

NOTE:This is probably obvious, but I forgot to mention that the values in the original post are my trial results. My assessment marks are slightly higher due to receiving 98% in Physics, Chemistry and Extension 1 Maths in the half yearly papers.

Last edited:

ellirene

HSC
hey :) i'd help you out but i have no idea how to calculate all of that; which is why im going to ask you guys what you think i may get:

english standad - 1st/160
drama - 10/20
ancient history - 7/17
society and culture - 3/20
gen maths - [i suck haha] 42/80
visual arts - 3/40

blackness

Crazy crazy just crazy
HSC
ellirene said:
hey :) i'd help you out but i have no idea how to calculate all of that; which is why im going to ask you guys what you think i may get:

english standad - 1st/160
drama - 10/20
ancient history - 7/17
society and culture - 3/20
gen maths - [i suck haha] 42/80
visual arts - 3/40

Your english is awesome, maths is average, otherwise everything else is great. Your UAI may be between high 70s to mid 80s. Expecting a UAI of 95+ will be out of the question as u have low scaled subjects like drama, visual arts, general maths.

What do u want to after skool?

ellirene

HSC
sorry skaguan :s

well im keen on graphic design and applying for both tafe and cofa in kensington. and hey; if that doesnt come through then theres art teaching at strathfeild.
i love my art :) haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)