You Can Escape a black hole!! (1 Viewer)

Dom Alexander

HSC
You can't escape a black hole you idiot.. It's impossible. Not even light can escape a black hole.

I think you should go play in traffic.

And the earth does not fall towards you, the earth follows the same orbit around the sun, all the time. Equal and opposite force has nothing to do with you falling towards earth, until you hit it.

Go play in traffic, constantly.

Last edited:

bazookie

HSC
this whole thread is stupid.

Even if everything the OP said was true and that a constant thrusting rocket might be able to escape the black hole, the spacecraft and all it's occupants would be destroyed long before that due to spaggetification (spelling?).

This is when all the matter is stretched and breaks down into it's elementary particles until everything becomes quarks.

xds123

HSC
aight you are all fools especially the guy that began this thread

say bye bye to Classical physics
bienvenue General Relativity

Space time is the fabric upon which this whole universe rests. Mass causes a curve in 4 dimensional space time. this curvature of spacetime is known more commonly as gravity. a black hole occurs where the spacetime is highly warped and curved. at the event horizon space time is warped so much that not even light can escape. this is because light does travel in straight lines (on an off note firstly how can a massless wave/particle be affected by Newton's eqtn secondly general relativity was shown true when light was observed to 'bend' around the sun) however this follows the straightlines on space time. however if spacetime is curved then light's path is curved too. beyond the event horizon spacetime is so warped the path of light is such that it enters into the black hole.

bazookie

HSC
give this guy a cookie.

now can we please let the thread die?

lentheric33

HSC
People we cant really state that black holes exist, remember theoretically they exist, there is yet to be evidence of any real black holes out their. Now dont get me wrong, im not saying they dont exist, im just reminding you all that Science is yet to PROVE their existence

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
sorry, as much as i would like to contribute to the arguement, since the 4th of Nov I have already...

<run_programme - brain/>
>
<open_folder - science>
>
<highlight_folder - "Physics">
>
<delete/>

Almatari

HSC
N/A
Well it depends on what you define as escape, since reseach suggests black holes emit particles.

Read this article first! It only takes a few minutes

It's from 2006 by Seth Lloyd (from the Department of Quantum Mechanical Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology) and he builds an argument of an almost certain escape from the black hole

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/print/25728

This article from New Scientist is about the potential application to quantum computing

Black holes: The ultimate quantum computers?

Last edited:

spartan31234

HSC
spartan31234 said:
Ok its a lot to ask but does anyone know the deffinition of a black hole using AlbertsE's General Theory of Relativity?

The second concept is the base of general relativity: mass deforms the structure of this spacetime. The effect of a mass on spacetime can informally be described as tilting the direction of time towards the mass. As a result, objects tend to move towards masses. This is experienced as gravity. This tilting effect becomes more pronounced as the distance to the mass becomes smaller. At some point close to the mass the tilting becomes so strong that all the possible paths an object can take lead towards the mass.[16] quote]

lol i alredy figured this out!! - it was on wiki by the way - so there - at least now i know a decent reason why stuff cant escape black holes( excluding hawking radiation) - so i get a cookie as well !!

by the way i can visualise it i will sumbit a pic which i made explaining this ages ago.

spartan31234

HSC
XDS i am no fool - conidering i worked that out - anyway it is intelligent to question if u dont understant something - clear illustrated that alot of people will accept things without understanding and proof. - anyway ty for ur reply it is entirely correct apart from the thing about me = fool

Nake

HSC
your a fucking idiot.

black holes > you.
you < black holes.
BLack holes = > you.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: You Can Escape a black hole!!

spartan31234 said:
- and don't give me - " a black hole has infinite mass" - cause then the gravitational feild on any mass will be infinte and the whole universe will get sucked in!!
but the diameter of a black hole depending on its previous diameter of the body is also a factor.
the gravitational force also varies with distance.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
xds123 said:
aight you are all fools especially the guy that began this thread

say bye bye to Classical physics
bienvenue General Relativity

Space time is the fabric upon which this whole universe rests. Mass causes a curve in 4 dimensional space time. this curvature of spacetime is known more commonly as gravity. a black hole occurs where the spacetime is highly warped and curved. at the event horizon space time is warped so much that not even light can escape. this is because light does travel in straight lines (on an off note firstly how can a massless wave/particle be affected by Newton's eqtn secondly general relativity was shown true when light was observed to 'bend' around the sun) however this follows the straightlines on space time. however if spacetime is curved then light's path is curved too. beyond the event horizon spacetime is so warped the path of light is such that it enters into the black hole.
Any idiot who is slightly interested in physics is gonna know that. Just because nobody bothered to say it doesn't mean everybody's an idiot.

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
this is funny shit dude who made the post your awesome hhaha

Chantereine

HSC
that's like saying

"yeah humans can survive on the surface of the sun if they were really really strong n like cud withstand heat n shit and didn have 2 lik breeth or nefing lol"

sweet physics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)