Your Top/worst Subject? (1 Viewer)

bored of sc

HSC
i only have two assessment tasks back!!! how do you know your worst and best so early in the year???

Last edited:

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Top: Physics or Chemistry
Worst: Def. English

Deadlyned

HSC
I suck at English! If I get 70%, can I still get above 90 UAI if I get above 95 in all my other courses??? Cause we have our half yearlies soon (English is the first one, and it's on friday!!), and I am totally freaking out over it, cause I don't know any quotes from The Tempest...

bettina44

HSC
top-maths,art,dt
worst-eng ext i know that i really shoudn't be doing it but i realli can't be bothered doing 13u.

bored of sc

HSC
bettina44 said:
top-maths,art,dt
worst-eng ext i know that i really shoudn't be doing it but i realli can't be bothered doing 13u.
there is one unit religion ;)

bored of sc

HSC
Deadlyned said:
I suck at English! If I get 70%, can I still get above 90 UAI if I get above 95 in all my other courses???
Yes, I just put those outstanding marks into SAM and it said your 2006 UAI would be a whopping 97.3!!

Mind you, if you english mark was also 95, your UAI would be 99.95!!!!

P.S It didn't count PDHPE in the UAI calculation.

Deadlyned

HSC
bored of sc said:
Yes, I just put those outstanding marks into SAM and it said your 2006 UAI would be a whopping 97.3!!

Mind you, if you english mark was also 95, your UAI would be 99.95!!!!

P.S It didn't count PDHPE in the UAI calculation.
Oh wow! Thanks heaps for that!!! I'm still crapping myself about the English exam on friday!!! haha, anyone got any tips for being better at english??

That's a bit weird though, I have a friend who got 80's in everything and 91 in chem (did the same subjects i am), and she got 97.25 UAI...

Last edited:

dpospination

HSC
Deadlyned said:
Oh wow! Thanks heaps for that!!! I'm still crapping myself about the English exam on friday!!! haha, anyone got any tips for being better at english??

That's a bit weird though, I have a friend who got 80's in everything and 91 in chem (did the same subjects i am), and she got 97.25 UAI...
practice writing essays, ask your teachers to make up questions for u, or make them up urself, and give urself a time limit to write an essay response as ina an exam (no looking at notes), lol

jessyy

HSC
BEST: maths. i had to drop down to general as i couldnt understand my teacher! but its good, coming 3rd so far :D
WORST: english or CFS. swear my teachers in those classes have something against me.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Any English nerd here? Anyone here who is REALLY GOOD at English? (i.e. you reckon you can easily get band 6 in English)
Looking at all the posts, it seems to me that English is the worst performed subject.

michael1990

HSC
lyounamu said:
Looking at all the posts, it seems to me that English is the worst performed subject.
I SO SO SO agree with your statement.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
lyounamu said:
Any English nerd here? Anyone here who is REALLY GOOD at English? (i.e. you reckon you can easily get band 6 in English)
Perhaps it is just that the type of people who post on this forum (at least in the academically focussed section) tend to be more scientifically inclined?

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
2maths could be me best though just started how am i suppot to know
worse tough one 3maths maybe history maybe but english....you got to toss english up as your worse somewhere so annoying just dont know why
most interesting subject has to be physics and ext history mehhh
ext history is easier then mhistory i think lOl could that be?

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
I wouldnt say I'll EASILY get a band 6 but English is by far my best subject, I am proud to say through all of year 10 and year 11 I havent recieved a mark on an essay lower than an A in english.
I don't particually enjoy it but its my best subject and I find it pretty easy.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
black_kat_meow said:
Perhaps it is just that the type of people who post on this forum (at least in the academically focussed section) tend to be more scientifically inclined?
I don't think so. I have seen 20 to 30 people posting up here. That's a quite a large number. I don't think all of them are Mathematically or scientifcally inclined.

But, what you are saying is true. It really depends on the type of people who post on this forum. You are absolutely right

flicka08

HSC
my best..pdhpe 89%
my worst prob maths 61%
they are prelim marks am doingmuch better with hsc course!

deliberately

HSC
in terms of the subject i'm enjoying the most, i'd say modern... but my marks are probably the best in ancient. we're yet to get back ANY of our effing assessments because our teachers keep promising to return them and they're like oh, no, not this lesson, and it's shitting me because i'd really like to know where i'm going wrong. ANGST lol.

and on the topic of english - i've always been good at it, always received good marks and i've loved it up until year 11. seriously i don't know if it's my teacher or the topics and texts we're doing but i feel myself becoming very disenchanted with english... and extension is such a waste of time because all we do is spend our lessons finding quotes, because my teacher is a retard. so yeah i'm expecting my english marks to start slipping v soon. lame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)