Yr 11 & 12 French - Please Help! (1 Viewer)

Schoey93

HSC
I am starting Year 9 next year. For my two electives, I'm doing Commerce and Italian (see signature). I would like to do French in Yr 11 (it wasn't possible for me to do two languages over Year 9 & 10). As my knowledge of the French language is derived solely from 100 hours of study in Year 7, I would be able to do French Beginners. Just some quick questions:

If I do French Beginners in Year 11 is it normal to then progress to French Continuers in Year 12 - or does Yr 12 French Beginners build on the Yr 11 Beginners course? Is it up to me to choose if I progress to the Continuers course based on my grades?

Thanks for your help.

James

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
HAHAHAHAHAAhahahahahha hahahaahhahahahahahaHAHAHAHHA

Anyway, if you do french beginners in year 11 that's what you do in year 12. french continuers is solely for those who studied it in years 9 and 10, you would not be able to advance even if you wanted to because they are two different courses, you can't just switch when you feel like it.

EDIT: yr welcome lah HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY

EDIT2: fuck i give amazing advice hey

Last edited:

undalay

HSC
My friend did japanese in yr 8. Didn't do it in yr 9 and 10.
Now she's doing continuers and extension jap.

edit: btw pretty much all the jap she learnt is from school.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
so you're telling me I'm completely and utterly wrong?

Woooo!

bleu

HSC
nah Jachie, i think you are right.
Pretty sure you can't switch from Beginners to Continuers, like u said they're two different courses.

QUOTE: undalay

My friend did japanese in yr 8. Didn't do it in yr 9 and 10.
Now she's doing continuers and extension jap.

edit: btw pretty much all the jap she learnt is from school.

But did she switch courses? She's probably just got a nack for languages.

Please, correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm outrageus

HSC
anyone doing french continuers next year at open high school? do you have to be french to do it ?? ... thanks

matty123789

HSC
I'm outrageus said:
anyone doing french continuers next year at open high school? do you have to be french to do it ?? ... thanks
No you don't have to be French to do continuers, you just have to have a reasonable grasp upon the language (i.e. continuing through Years 9 & 10). I did French Continuers for my Prelim course (dropped it for HSC) after having studied it in Years 8,9,10

yosemite sam

HSC
i did italian beginners for hsc having only done it for 50 hours in year 8. theres no point trying to do a continuers course if you have little knowledge of the language to begin with especially if youre going to end up doing it through distance ed.
which is the hardest thing in the whole world.

1harkina

HSC
french continuers in prelim is for people who did french in year 10 and beginners is for people who have little or no understanding of the language and the course is 2 yrs long

1harkina

HSC
sikhman are u doing 16 units in your hsc thats mental

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)