yr 11 study hours (1 Viewer)

mei_ling03

Ain't love grand.
HSC
hey in year 12 i studies 4-5 hours a night.. but then again that included reading over notes time. i went really hard during HSC- midnight was earliest i went to bed and i would study almost as soon as i got home. no TV, no radio, no bf lol..
well, back to the point, in year 11 for a lot of people they study and go well in the first term but after that just flunk out (i was one of them)... i think mainly cos they're not used to studying so much. but not to worry, as long as you catch up in year 12 and in the christmas hols you all will be fine!

our teachers gave us out a sheet *apparently* from UNSW saying that students should study a min of 25 hours a week (it's not that much when you spread it out)... and, hopefully i remember right, it was something like 35 hours a week for holidays.

just think, 5 hours each weekend and15 for the week..

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
the typical student nearing their trials wud prolly get home, spend 2 hours on hw / reading notes
2hrs homework and then 2.5 hrs study, theres no time for the internet in that...

According to my school I should be doing about 15 hrs a week on study/homework... Ill be lucky to havew done that per term in yr 11.

dezzy

HSC
ok..i understand what homework is- obviously..but what is study..seriously here! is study classed as making ntoes/ready over notes/doing practise questions etc?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
well i got to get heaps spooked and motivated to do homework (i thought that was study LOL) the most time i ever spent on an assignment was a pe one on std i spent 1 hour LOL ....

EDIT: yayyy this is 100 for me :D

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by mei_ling03
hey in year 12 i studies 4-5 hours a night..
That sounds convincing for some reason... well if its true, then i have to say ur endurance is amiable
I dont think i can do that on a school day and keep it up over a period...

but what is study..seriously here!
To my understanding, study is anything not required by your school. So making notes for urself is studying. Doing practise questions that aren't part of hw is studying. Tutor hw and time at tutor (exc. travel) can also be classed as studying if u wanna be pedantic :p

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
To my understanding, study is anything not required by your school.
Does that mean arguing on BOS about a subject count as study.... then my study rate would go through the roof.

adamj

Originally posted by Ziff
Study in year 11? You're an idiot. No one does that, there's no point, it counts for nada - zero - zilch...

You'd be better off studying the HSC course in year 11 and then studying the HSC course in year 12 :p Hence - ripping the HSC into tiny shreds and winning it...
Actually you are better off developing a study skill, I disagree where Ziff says no study is required, you still need to fulfill the Board of Studies' outcomes.

Giant Lobster

HSC
Does that mean arguing on BOS about a subject count as study.... then my study rate would go through the roof.
hahaha... no, thats not studying :p

You'd be better off studying the HSC course in year 11 and then studying the HSC course in year 12 :p Hence - ripping the HSC into tiny shreds and winning it...
Na I agree, you think like me :p but that is what i mean by studying in yr 11. I doubt yr 11 stuff can get so hard itll take u the whole year

Well for me, i find sciences easy so what i did was spent term one learning all the prelim stuff for chem and phys, then term 2 learning the hsc stuff. Term 3 for ext1 math. Term 4 for ext2 math. Now, year 12 shud be revision for 8 units :) that is what study does.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
hahaha... no, thats not studying :p
Well it sought of is, if you are "discussing" a question...

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
well seeing as the yr 11 course is supposed to be the same as the yr 12 course.. it just doesnt count.. it might be good to actually try and get into good study habits for when yr 12 starts

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I studied A BIT in year 11... 4-5 hrs a night of COMBINED study, homework and assesments, I think If you do any more than that your going to drive yourself crazy... Its quite easy if you look at it... Start at 4, work till 8 (eating during this time) then if you need it an hour after some tv or reading... Its really easy... But i had an individual project for drama at one point and was working from 4 - 11 everynight to fit it in with the other stuff... so yeah!

PrettyNoose

HSC
imnotlisteningimnotlisteningimnotlisteningimnotlisteningimnotlisteningimnotlisteningimnotlisteningimnotlisteningimnotlistening

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by Will_Sparky
I studied A BIT in year 11... 4-5 hrs a night of COMBINED study, homework and assesments, I think If you do any more than that your going to drive yourself crazy... Its quite easy if you look at it... Start at 4, work till 8 (eating during this time) then if you need it an hour after some tv or reading... Its really easy... But i had an individual project for drama at one point and was working from 4 - 11 everynight to fit it in with the other stuff... so yeah!
damn thats hectic
how do u maintain such a routine throughout the year

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Abdooo youve already made up for it with your study, nerd...

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
How do I maintain that study routine you ask? I don't... there were days when i cbf doing work, so i didnt... I sat around watched tv, got on the net... i need to do heaps when i feel like it cause when i dont, i just wont :)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Will_Sparky
that counts as a bit? the max i would do is like 2 hours combines

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)