• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Yr 12 Subject Help (1 Viewer)

Drone23

HSC
Hey everybody,

i'm in year 11 at the moment. and currently doing
3u maths
3u eng
2u eco
2u business
2u religion

For next year i'm thinking of dropping to 2u maths and going into yr 12 with 11 units. Is this a good idea? I'm currently at a 77 average for 2u (this is due to me not studying it because of all the 3u work) and I have a 74 average in 3u. I'm just finding that the extension on the maths is to much to handle. Because of the extension, maths is the only subject where i dont have a 90+ average.

Can anyone give me some advice?
Thanks
Drone23

youngminii

Banned
HSC
He means he wants to drop 3u down to 2u.
No don't drop 3u, it's the second highest scaling subject ==;;

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hey everybody,

i'm in year 11 at the moment. and currently doing
3u maths
3u eng
2u eco
2u business
2u religion

For next year i'm thinking of dropping to 2u maths and going into yr 12 with 11 units. Is this a good idea? I'm currently at a 77 average for 2u (this is due to me not studying it because of all the 3u work) and I have a 74 average in 3u. I'm just finding that the extension on the maths is to much to handle. Because of the extension, maths is the only subject where i dont have a 90+ average.

Can anyone give me some advice?
Thanks
Drone23
Your marks for 3 unit are quite great. Getting 74 raw for 3 unit maths is quite great even though I am not sure how difficult your school exams are.

In the first term, keep all your subjects and try out what each subject is like. Then drop progressively when you make up your mind.

Lastly, let me tell you this: HSC IS DIFFERENT FROM PRELIMINARY. Whether you liked prelim or not, HSC is indeed different. So have a go at every subject, even though you didn't like it much during prelim.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Your marks for 3 unit are quite great. Getting 74 raw for 3 unit maths is quite great even though I am not sure how difficult your school exams are.

In the first term, keep all your subjects and try out what each subject is like. Then drop progressively when you make up your mind.

Lastly, let me tell you this: HSC IS DIFFERENT FROM PRELIMINARY. Whether you liked prelim or not, HSC is indeed different. So have a go at every subject, even though you didn't like it much during prelim.
+1. I agree definitely on the terms of maths (as that's all the experience I can speak from).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)