yr10 applying to selectives (1 Viewer)

HSC
In year 10, i want to apply to selective schools because I'm good at math's and sciences and my school is not very good for me, any recommendation for schools that would be a good change? I want to go to a school that can specialize with math and sciences and may not care about english marks as much? or would be lenient about them since its not my first language, or maybe just a few schools that could boost me and have smarter people than me since i was dux last year (9). not smshs

thankyou !!

WeiWeiMan

HSC
In year 10, i want to apply to selective schools because I'm good at math's and sciences and my school is not very good for me, any recommendation for schools that would be a good change? I want to go to a school that can specialize with math and sciences and may not care about english marks as much? or would be lenient about them since its not my first language, or maybe just a few schools that could boost me and have smarter people than me since i was dux last year (9). not smshs

thankyou !!
i doubt any school doesn't care about your english marks much seeing as it is required to go into your atar

Gantor

Banned
HSC
N/A

thankyou !!
I can see that your bad at english by just reading this. I can also tell your asian.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC

thankyou !!
smshs is not a selective school

also don't expect good faculties from selective schools - for example a lot of science faculties tend to be hit or miss with more on the miss side
while i did experience a lot of good math and science teachers in the school i went to a lot of the high math and science marks stems from kids going to tutoring and learning the content ahead unfortunately (for science the assessments weren't anything mindblowing, but the math papers typically tended to have harder qs).

if they don't offer EALD as a subject, then they most likely won't be lenient about it. the top selective schools in particular are pretty picky and kinda strict with marking english

s97127

HSC
You don't need to change your school as selective school teachers are not that great. Students there learn everything from a few very known tutoring centres and that's why you need to go there as well.

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC

thankyou !!
I heard grammar and cranbrook are looking for students at the moment in yrs 7-9. These schools are amazing if you're looking for holistic education not just in the classroom. (cranbrook is going coed asw in the case ur a girl). And as a sidenote, the school looks actually amazing-especially the view no 🧒

Last edited:

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
There is also Scots college which uniquely caters for international students with their own internal english/tuition programs

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I heard grammar and cranbrook are looking for students at the moment in yrs 7-9. These schools are amazing if you're looking for holistic education not just in the classroom. (cranbrook is going coed asw in the case ur a girl). And as a sidenote, the school looks actually amazing-especially the view no 🧒
isn't cranbrook in a scandal rn

HSC
There is also Scots college which uniquely caters for international students with their own internal english/tuition programs
im a girl, so i don't think that im fitting with any of those schools, and cranbrook only will take in 2026. which grammar school are you talking about?

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
im a girl, so i don't think that im fitting with any of those schools, and cranbrook only will take in 2026. which grammar school are you talking about?
ok if ur female--- pymble ladies college, meriden, uhhhh if ur rlly desperate ig kincoppals ight, reddam house, loretto, sceggs

jonolad69

HSC
bro is clueless 😭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)