zazzy has a question!!! (1 Viewer)

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
If i wanted 2 do BA at UWS in penrith n i got an ATAR of 65.95 would they still let me ? coz the ATAR that is needed is around 72.

thanx

mr_robato

HSC
It's a real possibility that you could get in. My mate got 53, and he got offered BA.

mr_robato

HSC
advantage 3, wats that? i don't qauite understand that. =) thanx

Say you get 75 UAI, and the requirement for BA is 72, you'll be considered for an early offer in the round prior to the main round on the 20th of January 2010.

If your UAI is below the cut-off for whatever UWS preference(s), you'll have to wait till the main round.

The existence of this very advantage provides further emphasis for what I've been saying all along, with real life examples, that UWS couldn't care less about peoples UAI/ATAR achieved!

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
Say you get 75 UAI, and the requirement for BA is 72, you'll be considered for an early offer in the round prior to the main round on the 20th of January 2010.

If your UAI is below the cut-off for whatever UWS preference(s), you'll have to wait till the main round.

The existence of this very advantage provides further emphasis for what I've been saying all along, with real life examples, that UWS couldn't care less about peoples UAI/ATAR achieved!
okey well say the reqirement is 72 but i got 67, would i still be eligible?

mr_robato

HSC
okey well say the reqirement is 72 but i got 67, would i still be eligible?
On the triple advantage page it says near the end that..

" This offer is subject to your final UAI matching or exceeding the previous year’s cut-off. "

Final UAI/ATAR would mean the one after the addition of the possible five->ten points. So Yeah, I guess you would be included for the early round offer in that situation.

Once again: You might wanna email/call UWS and ask.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
You love the triple advantage don't you!

Linking to it all the time :p
Yeah, it saves me typing everything out :p

I think to be eligible for the third advantage you need to have UWS in your top 3 preferences - it should say on the website.

mr_robato

HSC
Yeah, it saves me typing everything out :p

I think to be eligible for the third advantage you need to have UWS in your top 3 preferences - it should say on the website.
Yep.

Would you agree if i said "UWS is VERY relaxed when it comes to offers".

I've said this a dozen times:

I know a bloke who had asterisk for his uai and got in, and who other blokes who had UAIs in the 50s and yes got in, one of em got into BA (what zazzy was concerned about).

Your in BA at UWS right? I am hoping for my sake you know people who had UAIs well below the published cut offs and still recieved offers. For my sake, because I know from my marks I'm not in a position to apply for UTS/USYD/UNSW. Do enlighten me to the max.

Cheers :p
Robato

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I think all uni's would accept as many students as possible for the money, regardless of their uai's. But UWS would have less demand for the places they supply (being a less established university), therefore they'd choose to accept as many students as they could to fill spots - even if this drives down the UAI cutoff.

I'm not a HSC graduate, so I never seem to enter into conversations about UAI's. I'll keep an ear open on Monday when I go back though.

But all in all, once you get into the course that you wish to do (and there are multiple ways of getting in - take this from someone who didn't do the HSC), UAI's cease to even matter* - it's all about the GPA!

*except for the first few weeks when the kids straight out of school run around quizzing everyone on theirs, when I got asked about mine some people had no idea that you could gain entrance to university through other gateways like TAFE, STAT and the like.

mr_robato

HSC
I think all uni's would accept as many students as possible for the money, regardless of their uai's. But UWS would have less demand for the places they supply (being a less established university), therefore they'd choose to accept as many students as they could to fill spots - even if this drives down the UAI cutoff.

I'm not a HSC graduate, so I never seem to enter into conversations about UAI's. I'll keep an ear open on Monday when I go back though.

But all in all, once you get into the course that you wish to do (and there are multiple ways of getting in - take this from someone who didn't do the HSC), UAI's cease to even matter* - it's all about the GPA!

*except for the first few weeks when the kids straight out of school run around quizzing everyone on theirs, when I got asked about mine some people had no idea that you could gain entrance to university through other gateways like TAFE, STAT and the like.

Ah k.

Please do ask around. This issue is genuinely bugging me, it's something preoccupying my mind on a DAILY basis. It'll really help me sleep better (or not) knowing the whole picture.

Did you sit for the STAT?

A girl I know got all out distinctions in her marketing diploma, she could've gone to any university she wanted, the offers were on the table, she chose UWS (which is OK as long as she gets the marks).

Cheers, don't forget, please :)
Robato

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
question, question, question

is it possible dat UWS would accept u if u have a lower UAI then wat is required say off by 2 marks?:confused::confused::confused::eek:

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Re: question, question, question

Look at my signature, and there is also bonus points for doing related hsc subjects.

At any rate, dun worry too much about that now, trial is coming up, go study!

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Ah k.

Please do ask around. This issue is genuinely bugging me, it's something preoccupying my mind on a DAILY basis. It'll really help me sleep better (or not) knowing the whole picture.

Did you sit for the STAT?

A girl I know got all out distinctions in her marketing diploma, she could've gone to any university she wanted, the offers were on the table, she chose UWS (which is OK as long as she gets the marks).

Cheers, don't forget, please :)
Robato
Nah, I did the TPC at TAFE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)