zhangs or ace for CHEMISTRY? (2 Viewers)

mandemindiguise

HSC
hi, I go to PEAK for chemistry (year 11), but I want to change next term. I was thinking either Zhangs or Ace. I also thought matrix but i heard that they were a bit on the easier side (not 100% sure about that tho). Anyways can someone who went to either or them, or just in general suggest which one would suit me. I am looking for an organised tutoring which is more on the harder end, like having harder homework and exams. thanks
Matrix has really good resources, i went there for 2 terms during yr11. from personaly experience, it helped me go from 65% to 80% within a term, which was really great for me. Althought I dont go matrix chem anymore, I opted to go somewhere cheaper for my mum and I go ngo for chem now. its pretty decent, but not the best. also, i find the questions/exams here way harder than i did at matrix lol

C_master

HSC
Matrix has really good resources, i went there for 2 terms during yr11. from personaly experience, it helped me go from 65% to 80% within a term, which was really great for me. Althought I dont go matrix chem anymore, I opted to go somewhere cheaper for my mum and I go ngo for chem now. its pretty decent, but not the best. also, i find the questions/exams here way harder than i did at matrix lol
No shit the people who make the exams/topic tests at matrix are pretty lazy with the questions

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
No shit the people who make the exams/topic tests at matrix are pretty lazy with the questions
i did matrix chem and i genuinely loved it lol i wouldn't have b6'd if it weren't for the course, but i never touched the topic tests or the exams lmao (i only did the qs in the workbook). you can just supplement that with past paper qs though and spam trial qs

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
whos ur teacher at ngo

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Isnt it mandatory? You cant skip it so how did you...
i did it online so i had a way more positive experience of the course (the prerecorded lessons and stuff plus they only had actually good teachers teach in the prerecorded lessons). the best part about it was that the very last part of the course was the module topic test so i just ignored it and never did it once i finished all the lessons and the workbook, there was no point anyway since it was online and it didn't feel like a proper test to me cos of it

C_master

HSC
i did it online so i had a way more positive experience of the course (the prerecorded lessons and stuff plus they only had actually good teachers teach in the prerecorded lessons). the best part about it was that the very last part of the course was the module topic test so i just ignored it and never did it once i finished all the lessons and the workbook, there was no point anyway since it was online and it didn't feel like a proper test to me cos of it
Oh forgot about online

mandemindiguise

HSC
Ask him if those raised floor board things at the front of the classroom ( i assume made for putting books) were built for him so he could actually be tall enough to see the class
bruh das crazy coming for his height ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ what did the man do to u loll

C_master

HSC
nahh its an ongoing joke bro
THERES ANOTHER TEACHER who was making fun of his height whenever she was subbing in for his class
bro tells the best high school stories tho
Dang yeah I have those too ๐Ÿ˜

mandemindiguise

HSC
nahh its an ongoing joke bro
THERES ANOTHER TEACHER who was making fun of his height whenever she was subbing in for his class
bro tells the best high school stories tho
oh yeah i think i've had her before
lowkey i dont even talk with him much ๐Ÿ’€ i just sorta sit at the back, but hes a real nice guy
and his stories are funny, i remember him telling us the story as to why he hates physics

kkk579

hello
HSC
from what i can see when comparing some resources from both centres for Year 12, i would say yes, peak has the hardest exams that are realistic to the syllabus which is why they're sought after by lots of students on the conquer discord server.

you have the right idea, if you're running through the school yearlies from top selective schools on thsc and you find that you can do all the mod 1 questions quite easily, then it means that the peak exam wasn't easy in itself, it's just that module 1 itself is easy. if you keep scoring well on the peak exams, then you'll most likely be able to get a high band 6 (95-97) or maybe even state rank chem.
If youre ranked top3-5 for peak exams, how well do these ppl do in their hsc for previous years? Like what final mark do they get around?

Last edited:

Average Boreduser

๐™ฑ๐šŠ๐š—๐š—๐šŽ๐š
HSC
If youre ranked top5-10 for peak exams, how well do these ppl do in their hsc for previous years? Like what final mark do they get around?
they get band 4 and go to csu for phd in gender studies

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
If youre ranked top5-10 for peak exams, how well do these ppl do in their hsc for previous years? Like what final mark do they get around?
doesn't peak release the marks or whatever on their website for each yr โ€“ maybe check that out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)