zomg atar estimate???!!?? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
i think we all need to calm the fuck down. who else think it?
Yep. I don't have a problem with estimate threads themselves, but ffs there's an entire subforum dedicated to ATARs and estimates, can't you just post there instead of the HSC/prelim 2010 forums so it's easier for the rest of us to ignore them? ==

Kralex

HSC
Lastly, if people are posting an estimate thread as an ego boost then they should at least be up front about it, not be saying "oh hay guyz are my ranks gud enuf i'm so scaredd". Plus you called threads where people are obviously going to achieve their aims "stupid" in your previous post so I'm not entirely sure where you stand re the ego stroking situation.
Ignoring the rest of your post cause I'm already an ATAR calculator addict.

I find those threads stupid because in my eyes, and shuttle_bus5's as well, they quite clearly are going to achieve their aims. Theres no need to make those threads if you're ranked in the top 10 or top 15 in a larger cohort. Those threads are however good for say, people like myself who score just above average marks and mid-ranks.

I agree with shuttle_bus5 that the students that make those threads with high rankings are wasting board space and will achieve their aims but I don't agree that the threads are completely useless. Every now and then you will receive someone who has no idea where their HSC is headed and will need assistance.

Makdadddy

makdaddy.net
HSC
lol since when did this thread turn to the discussion of muslims, shuttle_bus5 was just stating that estimates are just pointless, so fagdaddy either stay on topic or go suck a big fat cock.
Nah brah, I was saying if you don't like the discussions or content of the HSC '10 forum then don't post here. Go post in other forums where the discussions and content are frequently about Muslims, Gays, politicians, and polls about how often you beat off a day. This forum is a place for ATAR estimates, so if you don't like it, go debate pointlessly somewhere else. How do they affect you in anyway? Getting annoyed by threads posted on a forum which you obviously really care about. Once again, no point whining about things you can't change and that won't change (and for a good reason).

Funny how you get your little circle-jerk faggots to help you target others after you get fed. There will always be ATAR estimates and they are a large part of BOS, and you can't change it, so what's the point of complaining? If us '10ers are so dumb then fuck off back to 'Off-topic', where you can discuss about those topics with people who have the same intelligence levels of yourselves.

Last edited:

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Every now and then you will receive someone who has no idea where their HSC is headed and will need assistance.
Obviously, and that's totally fine. The real problem is when these threads get lost in the swirling morass of "oh hey, so I've never bothered to use an ATAR calculator and I have no idea what aligning is but could you give me an ATAR estimate out of 100 please, kthx. Oh btw, I go to a bad school, is this going to drop my mark by like 8 points???!11!"

Makdadddy

makdaddy.net
HSC
I just use SAM for my estimates, throwing that out there.
I also use SAM, Matrix, etc for estimates, but every once in a while you do get a flood of these estimate threads such as now (right after the half yearlies). There are things which people can tell you that calculators can't. It might help with the scaling process, but what about aligning? This is why I like the knowledgeable people of BOS to give us a rough estimate from providing our ranks and school rank.

brendroid

HSC
Yeah, I understand :)

But too much of something can still get annoying, unfortunately... like the Daleks in Doctor Who recently - they've been in every season =/ sure, they're the most notable of his enemies but... moderation, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)