Zoo Story (1 Viewer)

EroticCity

I know i have asked this before. But our teacher hasnt taught us Zoo Story by Albee. I know some ppl have posted up sites and stuff on here but there hasnt been much good info on this specific play. Plz help me

Do you know any good books/sites that i can read about Zoo Story? I dont need to know about the playwright - just the play. PLZ help. What sort of stuff has ur teacher taught u about the play?

funky_pineapple

as you know extentialism doesnt require much thought and neither do the plays...go onto websites about zoo story you will get a lot of information off them like themes and things like that. Study extentialism and relate it back to the zoo story...or maybe read the book and try teach urself..that ius just sum advice

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
existentialism --> "A philosophy that emphasizes the uniqueness and isolation of the individual experience in a hostile or indifferent universe, regards human existence as unexplainable, and stresses freedom of choice and responsibility for the consequences of one's acts"

In other words, existentialism places emphasis on individual existence, questioning why people are alive? what is one's focus in life? and are we all just waiting around till we die?

It's a very pessimistic view of life, and as you can see in "Waiting for Godot" and/or "Zoo Story", the plays are about 'nothing', as theatre of the absurd derives from the existentialist belief that there is nothing in life...we are all just waiting around till we die where we will then meet our purpose in life.

Jean-Paul Sartre, very good philosopher to quote from in your essays, as well as Friedrich Nietzsche. It's best to research "Existentialism" and "Theatre of the Absurd". You're bound to find HEAPS of information.

Hope that helps!

Katjif

pondering dystopic life
HSC
Hey

My drama teachers are actually performing Zoo Story tomorrow night(Tuesday 22 June) Sorry about the late notice. Not sure whereabouts you are, but it's at
St.Catherine's School
26 Albion St, Waverley
Get there at 7pm, for 7.30pm start.
Gold Coin donation entry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)