Zune (1 Viewer)

p4e81

Domesticated Daydreamer
HSC
How do you think of the 'Zune'? this thing is pretty interesting though i reckon it's nothing more than an iPod copycat trying hard to scratch Apple. IMO it will fail to do so...

HSC
I think that anything that comes from Microsoft is excellent, so im thinking its going to be better than iPod. Not saying that it will sell as much, but you never know.

HSC
looks interestin but i doubt i want to get it ... think my bro does though. Realistically its about the same as the ipod so i'm not too sure how they are going to convert the market.

Sefi

HSC
The fact is Zune is facing an uphill battle, first of all it has to go against the iPods overwhelming popularity, and the popularity of iTunes.
Also, as a 1st gen device, it's sure to have some bugs, personally, I would wait untill at least the 2nd generation of it.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I wonder why it took Microsoft 5 years after the release of the iPod to finally come out with the Zune...? They just made it harder for themselves as the iPod already has almost a monopoly and I'd imagine it would be very tough converting many iPod owners to the Zune... It got some crap views on amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cu...01722-0788621?ie=UTF8&n=172282&s=electronics), although some good ones too.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Microsoft are wasting their time with this. The iPod has too much of a market share. Even if they regain some it won't be all that much.

Personally I will never buy one because I hate Microsoft.

p4e81

Domesticated Daydreamer
HSC
You see, I currently use an iPod 5th Gen, but have always liked Microsoft more than Apple (You know, everything about compatibility issues now). Since the very first news I received about the Zune, I thought; Finally! A real "WinPod"! ...Don't get me wrong, I think the iPod is great, but... like I mentioned, it's all about compatibility. When I looked for further information about the Zune, I realised how crap it is. For one, it has got way too many copyright laws. It's nice to know that digital audio players are graduately developing the network function (Zune's built-in WiFi), but hey what's the point of using some fancy wireless connection to send to another Zune a track that expires in 3 days/playbacks? And the screen. It's sure bigger (in physical size) than the one of iPod 5Gen's but again, its pointless for the exact pixel dimensions.

p.s. i also think the Zune is kinda fat for its memory capacity...

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
p4e81 said:
You see, I currently use an iPod 5th Gen, but have always liked Microsoft more than Apple (You know, everything about compatibility issues now). Since the very first news I received about the Zune, I thought; Finally! A real "WinPod"! ...Don't get me wrong, I think the iPod is great, but... like I mentioned, it's all about compatibility.
What's wrong with the compatibility between your iPod and Windows?

p4e81

Domesticated Daydreamer
HSC
personally I dont really like iTunes, the fact that only iTunes can access the iPod's music database is kinda annoying (of course, without installing other OS on the iPod - Linux/Rockbox) as it accepts no Windows media formats etc. MS has pretty much dominated the IT part of me, it'd be really nice if Apple & MS would work together for once and make a better HDD audio player.

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
Yea I knoe, ms & apple should work together to create an universal audio codec with niice sound quality and compression. If they can work together for Office:Mac they should for this :)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Dude, it already exists and is called Ogg vorbis. Failing that you have mp3. Both formats are better than m4a and wma.

p4e81

Domesticated Daydreamer
HSC
Slidey said:
Dude, it already exists and is called Ogg vorbis. Failing that you have mp3. Both formats are better than m4a and wma.
yeh i know about the ogg, i don't think it is supported by the iPod it self (correct me if im wrong...) its too bad that ogg is not as commonly used as the others. and yes i agree that ogg & mp3 are better than m4a & wma

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
I've been quite happy using AAC files which are the iTunes native file. Winamp plays them just fine as well.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)