James Ruse are cheaters and the BOS do not care. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwendan

HSC
Because then certain schools will have much greater teachers and resources than other schools, making it EVEN MORE unfair than the already unfair schooling system (Public vs Private, Selective vs Non-Selective)
So what? So if one student has a better teacher than another, then it's justified to force every teacher to dumb down their classes?

What if parents want to spend money on private tuition for their kids? Let's ban that too, because its "unfair"?

Last edited:

Mjontrix

Premium Member
HSC
Is this thread ever going to die?
Nope, probably until James Ruse lets all of the flamers into the school :)
Sigh... if only I did the test in Yr 7... too late to enter in Year 10 (If anyone left the school, please reply :)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Nope, probably until James Ruse lets all of the flamers into the school :)
Sigh... if only I did the test in Yr 7... too late to enter in Year 10 (If anyone left the school, please reply :)
there are spots available for entry into year 11...
its on their website :)
lol good luck getting in:)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
So what? So if one student has a better teacher than another, then it's justified to force every teacher to dumb down their classes?

What if parents want to spend money on private tuition for their kids? Let's ban that too, because its "unfair"?
Change the context moar please.

If a student has a good teacher, good for him. Now if that teacher goes beyond the guidelines set by the Board of Studies and decides to give his students an even greater unfair advantage, then that's where things get ugly.

Also, private tuition isn't part of schooling, dickwad. We're talking about the rules set by BoS.

bwendan

HSC
Change the context moar please.

If a student has a good teacher, good for him. Now if that teacher goes beyond the guidelines set by the Board of Studies and decides to give his students an even greater unfair advantage, then that's where things get ugly.
So what? Why is it unfair? Why is it unfair for a teacher to teach more than what the "guidelines" stipulate?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, James Ruse is awesome, even if people say teachers suck, they still own the state, and stuff Board of Studies lol...

aya-chan

HSC
You must understand, a lot of the James Ruse kids are under A LOT of pressure. From their teachers, their parents, even each other. There are heaps of people who would REALLY LOVE to go to that school. Also, there is a difference between learning ahead, on your own (like from a textbook, from a friend in a higher grade, even tutoring/coaching) and learning in class. No matter how hard the BOS can regulate what the teachers can teach at school, these people basically can't cope with all that pressure on them.

Kezekya

HSC
They aren't cheaters, they're accelerating students!

I studied some of the yr 11 stimulus texts in year 9 and 10, is that cheating? I think not. It's just an advantage that I was granted because I worked hard.

INIFIDEL!

People, that do not read the previous posts are considered fools! Fool, the original post is highlighting that THEY (as in James Ruse) are being taught parts of the HSC syllabus in their earlier year 9 and 10 years.

By any means, go ahead and study the prelim stimulus. BUT that read carefully before typing. Alas, I too studied that way and received the marks i deserved...

Kezekya

HSC
You must understand, a lot of the James Ruse kids are under A LOT of pressure. From their teachers, their parents, even each other. There are heaps of people who would REALLY LOVE to go to that school. Also, there is a difference between learning ahead, on your own (like from a textbook, from a friend in a higher grade, even tutoring/coaching) and learning in class. No matter how hard the BOS can regulate what the teachers can teach at school, these people basically can't cope with all that pressure on them.

I object, if I were to enter James Ruse...I would probably...most likely...be relieved off pressure. One, entering James Ruse is sufficient enough for me to believe that I will most likely receive a high UAI(Don't quote me you people, I know you need to try but hey. If you make it to JR you make it to the top ranks, unless you use illicit substances for the entire duration at school THEN maybe not). Two, if my parents did not realise that I had entered one of the famous top schools of NSW...then THEY ARE THE FOOLS. Honestly, would you push your kids when you know their smart enough? People in life aquire the most absurd things. Break it down, what your aiming for is simply materialistic things or social standings.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Mate once you hit James Ruse (like i did in Year 7) the pressures not off, it's fucking on big time. You have no fucking clue. There are people that still fuck up in Ruse and remember, there's not that manny 99 UAIs to give out and every JR kid wants one. Once you get into JR, you need to get good ranks, then good subjects (4U Maths isn't for top class, it's the top fucking 4 classes). The competitiveness at lower ranks isn't much, but you feel like dumbshit getting them, so you work up. And in the top 10, that shit is cutthroat (I feel it in Economics and Modern History since I'm in the top 10 in those), but Science and Maths especially.

tku336

HSC
That's why you go to a private school where the results at the top are comparable to ruse but theres a heck of a lot less pressure.

Plus you get a better social life.

:haha:

duckcowhybrid

HSC
My social life is great as well (not so much with ladies) but it's pretty good overall. I actually considered Grammar but then I realised the money would be better spent on uni (I missed on on Scholarship by 1 mark).

Jeremykid

HSC
you cant blame them for been smart. They most likely produce the most doctors and scientists which in turn benefits the community =D.

MJLavicka

HSC
Regardless, of whether or not James Ruse are exploiting the system. They are pretty much a shoe in to succeed. They have some of the best teachers in Australia, the best resources (Hell, i go to a public school and we don't even have heating in science or enough chairs in the classrooms) and textbooks, not to mention that scaling on the their school cos everyone does so well while the rest of us in a dodge bio class where no one wants to study have no chance of competing. If it wasn't for rural UAI point i would have no chance on this earth of getting into medicine just because most of the people at my school don't even care about the HSC.

So James Ruse can go screw themselves just because their parents can afford to send their children to some ritzy, selective school. Universities have scholarships and places reserved just for them. Equality within all schools across the state says Board of Studies. Look me in the eye and tell me that.. look me in the eye when i take UMAT and 90% of the people are from selective schools... Look me in the eye and tell me that the system is fair when most of my class fails. I challenge you Board of Studies.:burn:

K

khorne

*Cue tiny tiny violin* So many people complain about the HSC being unfair, and schools being unfair blah blah. There is really no point. I mean looked at it this way. Do you care if James Ruse works ahead, if you get a 99 UAI? Probably not.

Secondly, If they finish the prescribed topics in a short amount of time, what is the point of holding students back? What will they do? Just sit there? The education system is meant to be progessive, and people are meant to learn, that is the whole point.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Mate James Ruse is free. You just gotta be smart to get in. But granted, we are probably the richest public school in NSW thanks to our farm (except maybe Hurlstone), but we do have poorer families. We have alright teachers, but some of them are crap, our resources are pretty good, but we lack resources in Humanities. The thing is just everyone is smart and wants to study. The system is fair in the city, in the country, it's unbalanced, so that's why you got Rural bonus points. Also, our school acts like it's private when it's not. Everyone is pretty well mannered, we have blazers and the school buys a lot of stuff. The school spends $40 every week for a brand new cricket ball for the cricket team. That's pretty sweet. But the money comes from the farm. But it's certainly not ritzy or posh or lar dee da like the private schools. No way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)