Some are born gay, some achieve gayness, and some have gayness thrust upon them (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Most people would say that Aboriginals must assimilate into the mainstream community, because their traditional culture is in many regards, even on secular terms, failing.

As to your other point, we maintain that there is One God who created all men, with a sense of God's love and His commandments. This is reasonable when we look across all cultures and see an acceptably universal morality, which honours parents, despises theives, hates murderers, upholds family etc etc

HSC
It is a lie. But youre a fool to say that i'm 'forcing' them to give it up. It is their own choice. Your idea that mankind is no stronger than his urges is not a view that I share, pagan.
Iron, please don't insult me. Just because we have different views doesn't mean we have to label each other...for example, many times I have been tempted to label you as a 'crazy, Bible-bashing conservative', but have refrained because I think you're entitled to your views in the end, though I still enjoy arguing against them. Also, I have acknowledged your views and taken an interest in what you say, such as asking you about whether you knew any gay people:

I know gay people irl.
To which I responded:

Well, I actually think that if you have gay friends, that's something to be admired. Not many people can...you know...well I know I would have trouble being friends with someone whose way of life or whatever was so against what I believe.
As you know, I have additionally acknowledged that I admired your views on other things and was sorry for making assumptions about you.

So please afford me the same respect.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
What name-calling? pagan?
This was not personal, friend. It is a clinical term.

throwaway

Banned
in the hsc exam hall doing a massive dump on my MX
HSC
Most people would say that Aboriginals must assimilate into the mainstream community, because their traditional culture is in many regards, even on secular terms, failing.

As to your other point, we maintain that there is One God who created all men, with a sense of God's love and His commandments. This is reasonable when we look across all cultures and see an acceptably universal morality, which honours parents, despises theives, hates murderers, upholds family etc etc
yeah i woudl know

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
No, I stand by fool. Youre clearly an idiot, you must admit.

HSC
No, I stand by fool. Youre clearly an idiot, you must admit.
Why? Simply because I disagree with you? If I thought myself an idiot I wouldn't even bother posting, as I would consider my views and arguments not worthy of sharing.

HSC
And? This doesn't automatically make me an 'idiot'. I agree that I mayn't have had certain life experiences, but on the other hand, you know barely anything about me other than my graduating year. What could you know about things which inform my views?

But anyway...this is irrelevant and very off topic.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
i'm in my grad year of arts/law. It's boring talking to you.
Learn englihs
learn ideas
learn creativity
shut up
then write

jules.09

HSC

Their traditional culture fails according to the imperial benchmark. It's an external criteria that is being imposed onto an entirely different civilisation. Of course, introducing colonisation into the picture, and changing the social template will mean that their traditional culture would fail, because the new society has designed it to be as such: they must assimilate.

By today, they have been degraded to the extent that we have formed a common consensus of their 'failure', but this is due to the disruption of colonisation so they are largely, not to blame. So that rebuttal has in effect been negated.

I think the one God thing is presuppositionalism. Period.

And universal morality is exempt from religion. It is true!

Tangent

HSC
i'm in my grad year of arts/law. It's boring talking to you.
Learn englihs
learn ideas
learn creativity
shut up
then write
And you are blinded by your own pride and ego. How can you begin to learn anything new if you tell people to 'shut up'.

I dont agree. The homosexual is at least as harmful as the drunk. The Catholic on the other hand is the building block of a thriving, civilized society which has love and life at its core.

Does homosexuality not have a devastating impact on family? What about the 3rd world parents who depend on their children to raise a stable family which can support them in their retirement? What of the 'person' who realises that no love can endure when it denies God and pretends that it can be a self-perpetuating end in itself? The homosexual is compelled to live a lonely and unfaithful life, unsatisfied by the empty, fleeting meaning of materialism. They will die with nothing but regret of a totally self-centered life which never sought to truely look beyond itself for meaning and truth.
This is obvious proof or how blind you are, because you have so little a grasp of what it means to be homosexual. You think everything must revolve around materialism for those who don't worship your God, because that makes you superior to them. You cannot learn more because you already know everything

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I wonder if Iron still believes the universe revolves around the Earth.

cookkii

HSC
I dont agree. The homosexual is at least as harmful as the drunk. The Catholic on the other hand is the building block of a thriving, civilized society which has love and life at its core.

Does homosexuality not have a devastating impact on family? What about the 3rd world parents who depend on their children to raise a stable family which can support them in their retirement? What of the 'person' who realises that no love can endure when it denies God and pretends that it can be a self-perpetuating end in itself? The homosexual is compelled to live a lonely and unfaithful life, unsatisfied by the empty, fleeting meaning of materialism. They will die with nothing but regret of a totally self-centered life which never sought to truely look beyond itself for meaning and truth.

yes. because catholics are SOOO great (i can say that, im catholic myself). how can catholics be the "building block of a thriving, civilised society which has love and life at its core" if they purely refuse to accept anyone elses beliefs, religions and personal choice. they "believe" that all are equal before the Lord, yet still believe that they are superior to anyone who does not do as they do.

Whether or not a homosexual lives in a developed or developing nation (which is the accepted term, not "3rd world") does not make any difference. and how can homosexuality be considered wrong by christians when it has been around for longer than christianity itself?? Everybody knows that homosexuality is not a disease or disability, and it is people like you Iron, who believe that homosexuality is wrong, that cause these problems for gays. if you actually knew gays, and i mean befriended them, you would know that they are just like everybody else, but they are forced to hide themselves due to a fear of people like you.

btw, i happen to be good friends with a homosexual, and he is not materialistic, or self-centred. i believe he will live his life the way he wants to, and will not die alone regretting how he lived.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
yes. because catholics are SOOO great (i can say that, im catholic myself). how can catholics be the "building block of a thriving, civilised society which has love and life at its core" if they purely refuse to accept anyone elses beliefs, religions and personal choice. they "believe" that all are equal before the Lord, yet still believe that they are superior to anyone who does not do as they do.

Whether or not a homosexual lives in a developed or developing nation (which is the accepted term, not "3rd world") does not make any difference. and how can homosexuality be considered wrong by christians when it has been around for longer than christianity itself?? Everybody knows that homosexuality is not a disease or disability, and it is people like you Iron, who believe that homosexuality is wrong, that cause these problems for gays. if you actually knew gays, and i mean befriended them, you would know that they are just like everybody else, but they are forced to hide themselves due to a fear of people like you.

btw, i happen to be good friends with a homosexual, and he is not materialistic, or self-centred. i believe he will live his life the way he wants to, and will not die alone regretting how he lived.
BAHAHHAHAHAHA Wheres Kolefax, get the family rolling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)