Some are born gay, some achieve gayness, and some have gayness thrust upon them (1 Viewer)

Dazza01

HSC
I believe a nice little quote from 'Animal Farm' best sums up both homophobes and religious fanatics alike.

"All are born equal, but some are born more equal than others."

I am Gay, and I will say that if religious fanatics think I will go to Hell in a handbasket, they are, gladly on my part, coming with me for the ride.

Most of the Biblical quotations that condone homosexuality, including one of the Ten Commandments, are all outdated and are meant to be taken into account for that time period only.

But I will follow Catholic peoples advice the day all Catholic priests do not rape and torture young boys and girls and the Pope condones such behaviour.

So therefore, I never will.

Nice to know outward hypocrisy is still alive and well :)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I believe a nice little quote from 'Animal Farm' best sums up both homophobes and religious fanatics alike.

"All are born equal, but some are born more equal than others."

I am Gay, and I will say that if religious fanatics think I will go to Hell in a handbasket, they are, gladly on my part, coming with me for the ride.

Most of the Biblical quotations that condone homosexuality, including one of the Ten Commandments, are all outdated and are meant to be taken into account for that time period only.

But I will follow Catholic peoples advice the day all Catholic priests do not rape and torture young boys and girls and the Pope condones such behaviour.

So therefore, I never will.

Nice to know outward hypocrisy is still alive and well :)
+Rep.

cookkii

HSC
also, id like to point out that there are many things the bible says that none would follow these days, such as working on the sabbath, once punishable by death, but is now a common practice.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
fiddle sticks to you all

yoddle

is cool
HSC
and how can homosexuality be considered wrong by christians when it has been around for longer than christianity itself??
Also, the incidence of homosexuality all over the animal kingdom makes you want to question the relevance of that stupid novel called the Bible.

Tangent

HSC
The support of legalizing gay marriage is in no way meant to change the ideals of the section of Christians who believe that homosexuality is a sin. But we should refuse to let other people's ideals shape the way we live our lives. Each of us has a short ride on this earth and as long as we stay in our lane, and don't affect someone else's ride, we should be allowed to drive as we see fit.
Just a quote from HD's link. I like it. Though i dont think it should be aimed at christians or catholics, because that is sterotyping. Not all christians dislike gays, nor catholics, and there are lots of non-religious people who feel the same way or worse

HSC
Glad you like it, Tangent. :)

I agree with you that it shouldn't be just aimed at Christians, but I think in an American context, those are the sorts of groups that lobby to the govt, or did, during the Bush regime. They've even made ads against gays and broadcast them on TV. From what I know about the situation (and I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I do know a bit), Christians are the main group staging an 'attack' against gay marriage and other rights in America. But, as you say, here it's not like that.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
If worst came to worst, i'd agree to gay marriage if we get a fault-based catholic marriage back

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Just a quote from HD's link. I like it. Though i dont think it should be aimed at christians or catholics, because that is sterotyping. Not all christians dislike gays, nor catholics, and there are lots of non-religious people who feel the same way or worse
But ultimately nonsensical. People affect 'other people's rides' every day in every facet of life, it's how society functions. I agree with you in not letting christian values dictate the lives of people who do not prescribe to that religion (namely gays), but it's a bit of a silly/broad/naive argument in support of gay marriage.

HSC
But ultimately nonsensical. People affect 'other people's rides' every day in every facet of life, it's how society functions. I agree with you in not letting christian values dictate the lives of people who do not prescribe to that religion (namely gays), but it's a bit of a silly/broad/naive argument in support of gay marriage.
Yeah, it's an ideal, and obviously no ideal is perfect. But society ultimately functions on ideals, just as it functions on 'people affecting other people's rides'. He obviously doesn't mean it in an absolutist sense, as is evident from the rest of the article.

Jaamin

HSC
Again, it's talking about orgiastic ritual. Paul is discussing those who may be tempted to leave Jesus and follow Isis. It's also been established by most scholars that that translation is untrue to the original text as it was written.
Kami, please check your sources carefully. Please do not read int them whatever you like. What do the scholars say? Do scholars ever agree, mostly never. Look at the context of the text, what is it talking about? Fit the 'theology' of the passage within the theology of the rest of the Bible - no part disagrees. Okay you have comprehended a passage, you have broken it up into sepaate parts, who have analysed, now complete the job and 'synthesise' that is, bring the theology of this exerpt into agreeance with the rest of the Bible - if you can't or are unwilling to do this then seriously look at your heart, your motives - why do you want to contrue God's text for your own arguements? Do you not know that you will be called to account?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Kami, please check your sources carefully. Please do not read int them whatever you like. What do the scholars say? Do scholars ever agree, mostly never. Look at the context of the text, what is it talking about? Fit the 'theology' of the passage within the theology of the rest of the Bible - no part disagrees. Okay you have comprehended a passage, you have broken it up into sepaate parts, who have analysed, now complete the job and 'synthesise' that is, bring the theology of this exerpt into agreeance with the rest of the Bible - if you can't or are unwilling to do this then seriously look at your heart, your motives - why do you want to contrue God's text for your own arguements? Do you not know that you will be called to account?
Ermm...wtf?

HSC
Jaamin is basically saying that he thinks that if you really look at it, the Bible doesn't contradict itself, and that you shouldn't 'pick and choose' to suit your arguments.

Am I right?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I dunno, the thing with adam and eve having a group orgy with two sons really weird's me out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)