2009 official "funny quirks of my day" thread (1 Viewer)

Oliver04

HSC
So bored.

Work sucks and none of my friends are around. BoS party anyone? I got blink 182 cds and a boom box...

Oliver04

HSC
Met Oliver today.

Pretty funny lad.
A friend of steves is a friend of mine.

Oliver, what are you thinking of majoring in with Arts?

Also, you get banned eh?
Ancient and english. Great subjects and if I don't like law I can do a Dip Ed and become a teacher.

Nah, updated my comp and lost my old password so I thought I'd start a new account without the trolling record. I'm growing up :)

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
there was a dude rollerblading in his underwear and a top hat around campus with the girl he just proposed to

it was weird

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
there was a dude rollerblading in his underwear and a top hat around campus with the girl he just proposed to

it was weird
Hawt.

When did this happen?
Where did the rollerblading occur?
Did you take a peak at his package?
If so, were you satisfied?

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
It's so damn hot, milk was a bad choice. I'm loving this warm weather!

My story for today: I walked past the maths building and there were a bunch of christians praying to their pancake bbq. It was actually kinda creepy, ~10 people standing around a bbq perfectly still with their heads down. Then I saw the pancake batter and worked it out.

~untitled~

HSC
They actually said the pamphlets were for the bar on the hill. It was funny because it seemed to be an attempt to avoid saying it was for ncs, but rather a both function so people would take the cards.

~untitled~

HSC
Chris, I need to get my card swiped at the aic so that i can get entry into the spth clinic. Last time I went there some girl fiddled around for like 15 minutes on the computer and then told me that I needed to get something signed first, but I dont think she really knew what she was doing. Do you know if weve got to have something signed or not, or should i just go back again? Dont want to look like a dumb-arse if I am actually supposed to have something signed.

blue_chameleon

HSC
Chris, I need to get my card swiped at the aic so that i can get entry into the spth clinic. Last time I went there some girl fiddled around for like 15 minutes on the computer and then told me that I needed to get something signed first, but I dont think she really knew what she was doing. Do you know if weve got to have something signed or not, or should i just go back again? Dont want to look like a dumb-arse if I am actually supposed to have something signed.
Here's how the whole swipecard access stuff works:

Basically, all student cards need to be put through the encoder in the AIC so the magnetic strip can be recognised when you swipe your card to enter a room/building. When you swipe your card through, it goes through a list of students that are authorised to have access to whichever particular room/building you're trying to enter and if you're on that list, you get in.

To get access you'll need:

a) Your student card to be encoded at the AIC so the card is recognised; and
b) Your name/student number to be in the system for access to whichever particular room/building you need. You do this by filling out this form (might need signatures from higher up, so talk to Facilties Management about whose signature you'll need).

In the first instance, I'd suggest contacting Facilities Management and just confirming that you need to fill out the form, because sometimes if you need access to some areas for classes, the student number info is transferred over when you enrol in the subject, without students needing to worry about it.

So yeah, best bet is to call FM first and find out if you need to fill out the form, and whose signature you'll need.

Facilities Management:
Callaghan Campus
8:30am - 4:30pm - Monday to Friday
Ph: (02) 4921 6500

Btw, have any of your other class mates got access successfully yet?

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I was in the CT computer room, and this chick next to me was struggling with something computer-y. I was tempted to offer help, but I didn't want to be all:

(i'm not asian, but it's still a funny pic)

blue_chameleon

HSC
I was in the CT computer room, and this chick next to me was struggling with something computer-y. I was tempted to offer help, but I didn't want to be all:

(i'm not asian, but it's still a funny pic)
Bahahahaha.

Yeah, I get that feeling sometimes. But I just figure i'm not working so meh.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
There's a funnier animated .gif version where he pops up then says that, but I couldn't find it.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
He looks like the gorilla who jiggles his arms when you beat him in that Windows Skiing game</SPAN>
I miss that game. Haven't played it in ages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)