2009 official "funny quirks of my day" thread (1 Viewer)

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
so today my lecturer flipped out, kicked me out of class and then after class (publicly) verbally abused me and was physically intimidating.

Newcastle Uni, where this happens.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Fun times.

His lecturer is just an unstable guy, to say the very least.

blue_chameleon

HSC
This guy is a bit of a whack job though, and without knowing the full story I could see him (on a bad day) lashing out for no apparent reason.

If you know Tim, you'll know he's not one to shy away from airing his opinions in tutes. What I know of the lecturer involved is that it seems he's easily aggravated/offended if people debate his opinions on his version of historical events.

Tim prob doesn't shut up in class. But that doesn't seem to justify the rant he seemingly went on.

Meh, I don't know the full story though hey.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
anyone understand fortran and want to do my terminal test which i have in 5 hours

Oliver04

HSC
Anyone here just go to uni and go home?

I've started doing that. I have a select group of friends and am seeing someone so I really don't care.

My parents worry that I'm isolating myself. What do you guys think?

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
what do you mean by just go to uni and go home?

Oliver04

HSC
what do you mean by just go to uni and go home?
There's a lot of drinking events and organised parties in my course. I find whatever excuse I can to get out of them.

I just go to uni, get back home and sleep, get on msn and chat to my friends until about 3am. That and work.

blue_chameleon

HSC
There's a lot of drinking events and organised parties in my course. I find whatever excuse I can to get out of them.

I just go to uni, get back home and sleep, get on msn and chat to my friends until about 3am. That and work.
Oliver, get out and meet people mate. University life isn't here forever.

I'm nearing the end of my time at uni, and I regret not getting out more. Not to say that I didn't, and there are certainly limits so that it doesn't encroach on your studies, but you'd be crazy not to. Especially given the social setup that Law students have.

Doit! You'd be amazed at the network of friends you can build, which may just come in handy down the track with job opportunities. Otherwise you'll be kicking yourself when you're a salary slave with a wife and 2.5 kids in tow.

EDIT: I propose a drinking night in the near future. My last exam is on the 20th, and i'll be out of here not long after that.

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
My last exam is on the 20th, and i'll be out of here not long after that.
Noooooo :(

What's the go with Matt's status? Just edited?
Wait, he isn't even a mod anymore?

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
EDIT: I propose a drinking night in the near future. My last exam is on the 20th, and i'll be out of here not long after that.
That's my birthday!

I wont be doing anything though, FYP presentations are a few days after that.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
exams on 17th, 18th, then my FYP on the 24th.

So, I'm pretty sure I'd be keen to go out on the 20th anyway, I wont have much to set up for the presentations. Doing more of a research project instead of a design one is kick ass.

blue_chameleon

HSC
exams on 17th, 18th, then my FYP on the 24th.

So, I'm pretty sure I'd be keen to go out on the 20th anyway, I wont have much to set up for the presentations. Doing more of a research project instead of a design one is kick ass.
Sweet. So something around the 20th. Seems like a plan is forming.

Suggestions?

blue_chameleon

HSC
20th it is then.

Friday night.

What to do guys that involves drinking alcohol in copious amounts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)