Why dont people drink, smoke and do drugs? (1 Viewer)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
1. Why don't I drink: Because I don't need it to have a good time, I don't like the smell, the taste, or what prolonged effects can have. It's a huge turnoff smelling alcohol on a guy's breath.

2. Why don't I do drugs: Because I don't need to harm myself, whether it has short term or long term negative or positive effects to make me feel better, have fun, or for any other reason any other person would. I'm not someone who falls victim to peer pressure when it comes to these three notorious groups.

3. Why don't I smoke: Because I was born in a time where we are educated about the health risks, therefore I do not see a plausible reason for me to take it up, especially knowing how additive it can turn out to be. I don't it looks cool.

Basically, they just don't float my boat. I may drink a bit of wine, but only at very special events such as weddings, memorable birthdays (18, 21) or NYE. Otherwise, it just doesn't interest me. o_O; There's no appeal.
Ditto.

philphie

Banned
HSC
1. Why don't I drink: Because I don't need it to have a good time, I don't like the smell, the taste, or what prolonged effects can have. It's a huge turnoff smelling alcohol on a guy's breath.

2. Why don't I do drugs: Because I don't need to harm myself, whether it has short term or long term negative or positive effects to make me feel better, have fun, or for any other reason any other person would. I'm not someone who falls victim to peer pressure when it comes to these three notorious groups.

3. Why don't I smoke: Because I was born in a time where we are educated about the health risks, therefore I do not see a plausible reason for me to take it up, especially knowing how additive it can turn out to be. I don't think it looks cool.

Basically, they just don't float my boat. I may drink a bit of wine, but only at very special events such as weddings, memorable birthdays (18, 21) or NYE. Otherwise, it just doesn't interest me. o_O; There's no appeal.

you are going to live a long healthy life looking very young, too bad the best memories are always the worst ones, including those caused by the above three.

Hanakiri

HSC
you are going to live a long healthy life looking very young, too bad the best memories are always the worst ones, including those caused by the above three.
On the contrary my outlook is quite different, I think I will find additional pleasure in the memories I'll make for the simple reason that I didn't require the above three to satisfy various needs or to enhance them.

But then people call me old fashioned.

philphie

Banned
HSC
i have no problem with that. i don't know how you could only restrict yourself to a couple of glasses on fine Bordeaux, Pinot or Napa at special occasions though, or even the solid cheap stuff.

there's one thing i can't stand though is just because you drink, smoke or to certain degrees take drugs that it inherently makes you a bad person.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
i have no problem with that. i don't know how you could only restrict yourself to a couple of glasses on fine Bordeaux, Pinot or Napa at special occasions though, or even the solid cheap stuff.

there's one thing i can't stand though is just because you drink, smoke or to certain degrees take drugs that it inherently makes you a bad person.
I hate that attitude as well.

I also hate the opposite.

Hanakiri

HSC

Oh no, I quite agree, I don't think that at all. Alcohol is fine in moderation for the masses, however, it's the over-consumption that makes me scatty. I alone have family history that have witnessed the effects it can have not only on the person held responsible for it's undertaking, but the ricochet effect it can have on their loved ones and innocents uninvolved.

Often the case is people turn to the bottle or drug use after traumatic events, or other times in which their emotions and mindset are thrown into utter turmoil. Once again, while I can understand that these may be methods or outlets that make them somehow 'feel' better or in some way elievate some type of suffering, I cannot condone the use of drugs or excessive drinking. I cannot singly point out those individuals that do this however, and simply call them 'bad'.

For those that do this for the 'kick' or for 'fun' or often, I wouldn't call them bad either, but if it's causing themselves harm either temporary or long term, I can vouch for myself that I 'would' consider them an irritation or just wholesomely stupid. It's a method of self harming that could amount to others being in danger, either physically, emotionally or mentally, and this I cannot stomach.

Smoking is another method of self harming in my own opinion, however, I cannot blame those of past who were not educated, but can those who take it up nowadays.

This is just my opinion though, no offense meant towards anyone. I am not a complete authority, it's just what I think of the matter as the OP inquired.

Last edited:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Oh no, I quite agree, I don't think that at all. Alcohol is fine in moderation for the masses, however, it's the over-consumption that makes me scatty. I alone have family history that have witnessed the effects it can have not only on the person held responsible for it's undertaking, but the ricochet it can have on their loved ones and innocents uninvolved.

Often the case is people turn to the bottle or drug use after traumatic events, or other times in which their emotions and mindset are thrown into utter turmoil. Once again, while I can understand that these may be methods or outlets that make them somehow 'feel' better or in some way elievate some type of suffering, I cannot condone the use of drugs or excessive drinking. I cannot singly point out those individuals that do this however, and simply call them 'bad'.

For those that do this for the 'kick' or for 'fun' or often, I wouldn't call them bad either, but if it's causing themselves harm either temporary or long term, I can vouch for myself that I 'would' consider them an irritation or just wholesomely stupid. It's a method of self harming that could amount to others being in danger, either physically, emotionally or mentally, and this I cannot stomach.

Smoking is another method of self harming in my own opinion, however, I cannot blame those of past who were not educated, but can those who take it up nowadays.

This is just my opinion though, no offense meant towards anyone. I am not a complete authority, it's just what I think of the matter as the OP inquired.
You sure like to type essays XD.

I have an aquaintance that takes this attitude, (direct quote from Facebook): "Oh that's right, you're a non-drinker... Non-drinkers think one drink is too much."

Grow up, bitch is all I can say to that.

Hanakiri

HSC
xD; I can't help it. I like to state my opinion, but I'm not one that likes conflict, so I tend to overcompensate for my desire to not go into a long winded argument.

Playing the nice card can amount to a lengthy read.

Moderation in everything.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I'm generally the same, but occasionally I like to start pointless arguments and watch others get riled up XD. Tis fun.

philphie

Banned
HSC
smoking though has proven to be a MASSIVE stress reliever

Hanakiri

HSC
However, there are alternatives that do not suffer the same draw backs that smoking can have, not to mention the long term affects.

So long as there is a healthy alternative method, why result to smoking?

philphie

Banned
HSC
for most people it will be because it is highly acessible and you can smoke anytime, anywhere (well not so much nowadays)

Hanakiri

HSC
Nope, I'm quite content with my life. Or was that question posed at someone else?

@Philphie: While once again I understand this, I'm not one that would condone smoking even as a stress reliever just because of it's convenience. I know at times one can be so stressed that an immediate fix would be tempting, which is why a non-smoker wouldn't even carry a packet around; therefore it would require purchasing them, and I know in Victoria at least this is expensive and not so convenient. Health should not be compromised for convenience.

Either way we both understand that people will do as they will, so I once again illuminate this as being but my humble opinion in this discussion.

Last edited:

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
yeah omg man diet coke gives you cancer!

shut the fuck up everything is doing something to your body
gall stones actually. if you drink it everyday then yeah.

Yeah? And so is tea and I'm pretty sure it's cheaper and healthier.
coffee is apparently healthy for you.

smoking is just slow suicide imo and it stinks so much.

drinking; i'd only do when it's like a special occasion like birthdays or whatever.

drugs are shit. why go through all the trouble getting it then somehow end up getting caught or do something completely fucked up that you could never go back and change.

well i'd say there's plenty of things to make you happy and yeah sex included. so's drinking but reasonably though

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
gall stones actually. if you drink it everyday then yeah.

coffee is apparently healthy for you.

smoking is just slow suicide imo and it stinks so much.

drinking; i'd only do when it's like a special occasion like birthdays or whatever.

drugs are shit. why go through all the trouble getting it then somehow end up getting caught or do something completely fucked up that you could never go back and change.

well i'd say there's plenty of things to make you happy and yeah sex included. so's drinking but reasonably though
Basically everything is good for you in small dosages.

philphie

Banned
HSC
taking drugs doesn't always mean it will become an addiction, only most of the time. i can only speak for myself when i say i can maintain a high level of control over marijuana to keep it something casual.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Smoking's a massive stress reliever if the reason you're stressed is because you haven't had a cigarette in a couple of hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)